Whats your BEST startup record ?

DeletedUser

Even if you get to LC, if you have 2 more active farmers near you you still get behind the guy on the other side of the map who farms freely.

that is not true for all cases... It comes down to how fast and consistant your farming is. If that guys with no competitive farmers near his farming radius (farmer A) clicks lets say a small margin slower than farmer B who is near the competitive farmers then farmer A would have a 10min advantage before the first hour has finished on the round but after the first hour farmer B would have outgrown farmer A quite significantly.

Every second counts and if farming is not consistant, those seconds could build up drastically...some people just make buildings look around the map message people then come back to farming lets say 3-5 seconds after in comparison to a farmer that is doing it every second whilst multi tasking other actions... therefore the positioning of this type of player on the map even if it may be terrible will only have a disadvantage that almost becomes insignificant over a certain period of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11069

You have only 6 equally skilled players (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3) on a round.
There are 300 barbs, 75 in each direction.
Player A1 is in NE, player A2 is in NW, player A3 is in SW and players B1, B2, B3 are all in SE.
Team A will grow 3x faster than team B.

That is enough said that position matters until the moment you have enough LC to farm the whole map.

DeletedUser

To the all pro players here.
lets answer my question.
if you have algredion near your village (only 7 field distance).
how you will farm barb near you in early game?
send 2 lc to each barb villages? every 1 minute or every 30seconds?

DeletedUser

​Every time they return..

This. No other way to say it: every second your LC are home and not out on a farm run is crucial wasted time. 5 seconds on a 400 speed round is equivalent to 30 minutes on a standard world. That's a long time to have LC sat around doing nothing, especially if you do this every time they return... it adds up.

DeletedUser11479

lc should never be at home, ;) always on loot run
each person have different gameplay style so pointless to discuss
and we (MYR) dont teach, it like for Magician, never revealed, if you get the point...

DeletedUser

For anybody genuinely interested in/looking to improve on their startup then here's a few guides I strongly recommend! Please keep in mind that none of these guides are 'complete' and none of them will work in every scenario (since each round should be played slightly different), but these guides will give you a very good starting point.

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?19780-A-general-speed-guide
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?265-Start-Up
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?11081-KillerGorilla-s-startup-guide

Two of these aren't dedicated 'speed' startups, but the core principles are the same. I also recommend reading through some of the comments in the threads as they give some interesting discussion on startup strategies.

Happy reading :)

DeletedUser13240

On the first guide, the arguing was alot more interresting than the actual guide :).

DeletedUser

​outdated.

There are elements I would disagree with in each guide, but overall (and particularly after reading them all) they should provide a pretty good understanding of what startup is about, not just step by step instructions. That's what makes a better player and a better startup: understanding.

Feel free to write your own guide in your own time if you can come up with better, but I'm pretty confident TranX, Nauz and Gorrillaz all know/knew what they are talking about :)

DeletedUser13240

Feel free to write your own guide in your own time if you can come up with better, but I'm pretty confident TranX, Nauz and Gorrillaz all know/knew what they are talking about :)

I hate to admit it, because I hate nauz, but I think he was the only one who knew what he was talking about :icon_rolleyes:.