Whats your BEST startup record ?

DeletedUser

I doubt nauz or that other dude could handle themselves on a 400 speed just 'cause they've played so many normal world start ups. Their guides may give a good basic start but it's what happens when LC comes out that makes the round.

I have no interest in writing a guide. When people request tips, I give them. That doesn't mean I want to write a long, boring guide about what I do. Simply because it's what I do that I've developed over multiple years of speed. Not to mention one guide might work on a 400 speed but not on a 375 or less with different settings. Speed is situation based, no one guide can get it perfect.

DeletedUser13240

Exactly. Like recently, I've been using DD's startup but on some slow rounds, I've had to had to mix it up with my own pathetic start up :icon_rolleyes:.

Patris Mortem

Reaction score
To be fair to Annihilated, a general idea is better than no idea, so it is a bit ridiculous to criticize the fact that is not speed specialized.

But Amateurhours' guide is good ( even if a little advanced for the proper noobs).
Take a look at it if you need help.

DeletedUser

You're right, it is better than non. However they need to memorized and methodically practiced in order for them to be any good. If not you'll be wasting precious seconds flipping tabs and reading what to do next.

DeletedUser

I doubt nauz or that other dude could handle themselves on a 400 speed just 'cause they've played so many normal world start ups. Their guides may give a good basic start but it's what happens when LC comes out that makes the round.

I have no interest in writing a guide. When people request tips, I give them. That doesn't mean I want to write a long, boring guide about what I do. Simply because it's what I do that I've developed over multiple years of speed. Not to mention one guide might work on a 400 speed but not on a 375 or less with different settings. Speed is situation based, no one guide can get it perfect.

Fairly sure Nauz played a few speed rounds in his time, and smashed them. If you want a guide on 'what happens when LC come about' then:
1. You're in the wrong thread. This is a startup thread.
2. The variation amongst player's strategies shortly after LC varies pretty wildly, so it would be a loooong guide.

Those kind of guides are 99% useless.
basic speed principles summarised: http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?24044-Tribalwars-Speed-Principles

I wouldn't say 99% useless. I've read your principles guide, and it's an interesting read and definitely makes a lot of sense, but it could be interpreted pretty badly by someone who's unsure. The guides I suggested put a lot of the theory into 'practise'. I'd say your guide mixed with the ones above will give a pretty sound understanding.

You're right, it is better than non. However they need to memorized and methodically practiced in order for them to be any good. If not you'll be wasting precious seconds flipping tabs and reading what to do next.

Methodologically practised... hmm...
Abbreviated definition of 'Science': systematic study of structure through observation and experimentation

Read the theory, observe, then experiment. Seems like a good way of learning the ropes to me. If everybody just rushed in and tried every build combination, then it would be a very slow learning process don't you think?

DeletedUser13448

here the result from algredion village at 1hours after the game start,#2302 round (200x speed,unit 0.6). (I get it after scouting him)

since i dont know how to put an image here, i will just write the units and building
Hq 11
baracak 13
stable 8
smithy 5
market 1
rally point 1
timber 20
clay 17
iron 13
farm 18
warehouse 14
hplace 1
wall 8

units = 870 spear 367 LC 127 scout.

i would say that im dissappointed by his pits, i normally keep them at lvl 1 until i get academy but it seriously depends on the number of barbs and pros in the area etc so i can;t judge

i personally dont keep a record lol

DeletedUser13448

No pits isn't necessarily the best way to go.

every1 with their own strategy i guess, i mean, i do farm A LOT

i would agree with you if i didnt have constant queues but that is nearly never the case so on most rounds, i would recommend very low pits

10 max in my opinion in most rounds

DeletedUser13448

i dont think that we are reffering to start up rounds?
please correct me if im wrong