Why do noobs bother?

DeletedUser

so to recap
If you start with a D set up and take barbs is ok
But if you start with O you are expected to take a player?

So what if 90% of villages I take from now on are barbs that ok?

If it works for you it's okay... If your using them to get good troop counts then it's fine, you just might not grow at the same pace as others if you noble small barbs...

DeletedUser1410

If it works for you it's okay... If your using them to get good troop counts then it's fine, you just might not grow at the same pace as others if you noble small barbs...

And that is the total point of taking players to start with
Time will tell if taking barbs at start up works
But with Nauz regardless of what ever way he started he would be top 3 or better

DeletedUser

And that is the total point of taking players to start with
Time will tell if taking barbs at start up works
But with Nauz regardless of what ever way he started he would be top 3 or better

How can you be better than the top 3? You can't be rank 0 (because I'm that good I already am rank 0 so you can't take my rank :icon_cool:).
Taking barbs works on world 5, any world where barbs are 3k+ it would be a good idea taking them, they are just as good as a player sometimes and don't have troops, sometimes sacrificing the one farm in your 15x15 is worth it :)

DeletedUser1410

World 5 Ye I agree because they go to 7K but to take one this early to me is a waste But
Everyone has there own way of playing this game, and each to there own game
Good luck to all
Happy new year

DeletedUser8815

The big advantage with taking barbs is that you increase your troop making ability without it actually costing you any troops in the first place. A bit like a mine upgrade not costing any resources, we would all upgrade like there is no tomorrow

DeletedUser

The big advantage with taking barbs is that you increase your troop making ability without it actually costing you any troops in the first place. A bit like a mine upgrade not costing any resources, we would all upgrade like there is no tomorrow

Except it costs a noble and a coin to Noble that barb.

DeletedUser1410

and time to get the barb to the same level as say a 1K player

DeletedUser2722

Will take an age before the barb you took holds a decent troop count.

The best way is to have enough off to clear a player without it actually
costing you so much. I mean come on...

... what's the average farm level of players on this world at this stage,
15 - 20 ish? :lol:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser8643

depends how you build it, Upgrade barracks constantly and a 1k barb with level 25 barracks will produce troops just as quickly as a 10k village, provided of course you can constantly feed resources to it.

It only takes a day or two to move barracks from level 10 to level 25.

DeletedUser

perhaps this guy/lass does not trust his other members in his tribe for help and support.

DeletedUser8643

Its not a matter of trusting other members, its more, do not ask what your tribe can do for you, ask instead what you can do for your tribe.

DeletedUser

sorry disagree with you peter trust and help has to go both ways. ask any member of G T whether they trust me to support and help them the answer would be yes as i trust all members of the tribe to do the same for me. To me the game is not for your own ego's but to help each other as tribes.

DeletedUser2722

depends how you build it, Upgrade barracks constantly and a 1k barb with level 25 barracks will produce troops just as quickly as a 10k village

Yeah build order is important, however, building barracks constantly is
not going to enable this barb to produce troops quickly...

... the barracks themselves will take an age to build in barbs with low level
HQs, and at this stage (the average HQ in my area is like level 8), then of
course, you will need the farm/warehouse levels.

And tell me, how is a player at this stage going to be able to prevent the
queues in his barracks from stalling? Also, I take it this village will just be
using rax to build troops... no stable/workshop? :icon_confused:

provided of course you can constantly feed resources to it.

And do you think it will be easy when he is using his main to increase his
poor troop count in his main village whilst struggling to mint coins?

I guess you could argue his tribe could help, but don't you think his tribe
members will be struggling to expand themselves... helping him at this stage
with the vasts amounts of ressies he needs will stunt their own growth!

It only takes a day or two to move barracks from level 10 to level 25.

Not with a level -10 HQ it doesn't!

--Abdo--

DeletedUser8643

but its easy to raise hq to level 20 which is the first thing i do with a barb, then upgrade barracks, keeping the barracks queued up constantly. Farm and warehouse will be upgraded when necessary, but I know from experience that all this is restricted only by resources. An active farmer can easily make enough to feed the barb. Players get the idea that a 1/2k village can never make troops as quickly as a 10k village, this is clearly not the case.

DeletedUser1410

but its easy to raise hq to level 20 which is the first thing i do with a barb, then upgrade barracks, keeping the barracks queued up constantly. Farm and warehouse will be upgraded when necessary, but I know from experience that all this is restricted only by resources. An active farmer can easily make enough to feed the barb. Players get the idea that a 1/2k village can never make troops as quickly as a 10k village, this is clearly not the case.

Yes it is!
You'll never be able to make the amount of troops that a 5K village could make
Not enough res coming in
You have to build the troops first? what you going to farm with? spears ? Lc? but they have to be built first so your comments are a fail

DeletedUser

Wrong. A 10k village is likely to have very high rax and stables compared to a 1k-2k village, which represents a massive increase in troop production rates, and hence, more troops.

DeletedUser2722

but its easy to raise hq to level 20 which is the first thing i do with a barb then upgrade barracks

Errm I would go higher than 20, however, I'm pretty sure you said you
would have level 25 barracks in a 1K barb that would produce troops like
a 10K villa! :lol:

keeping the barracks queued up constantly. Farm and warehouse will be upgraded when necessary, but I know from experience that all this is restricted only by resources. An active farmer can easily make enough to feed the barb. Players get the idea that a 1/2k village can never make troops as quickly as a 10k village, this is clearly not the case.

Did you read the rest of my post?

No player at this stage in the game can maintain a constant queue with
level 25 barracks, and... is this barb only going to be recruiting troops with
the rax? :icon_confused:

Look, no matter how fast you can produce the troops, high level rax is a
waste if you cannot keep it it queued and have the farm space to hold all
the troops you are planning to recruit...

... farm levels cost a hell of lot more than barracks and take a longer to
build!

As for tribal help...

Get real, having your tribe mates fund you with such vast amounts of
resources is not only selfish, at this stage it's suicide for them...

... but good luck finding fools to supply you with all this res! :icon_rolleyes:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

guys, can we try not to get into a flame fest here. This thread gives an opportunity for you more experienced players to pass on help to new players, and for them to ask questions. It will be a real shame to waste this opportunity, as without new players, the game becomes boring.

Happy new year.

DeletedUser2722

guys, can we try not to get into a flame fest here. This thread gives an opportunity for you more experienced players to pass on help to new players, and for them to ask questions. It will be a real shame to waste this opportunity, as without new players, the game becomes boring.

Happy new year.

This thread was opened to flame Borg and barb munchers in general if I'm
not mistaken? :icon_confused:

If the new players are willing to learn, then they are more than welcome
to contact players such as myself on Skype, or they can apply to join our
tribe TuToR.

--Abdo--

DeletedUser8643

Wrong. A 10k village is likely to have very high rax and stables compared to a 1k-2k village, which represents a massive increase in troop production rates, and hence, more troops.

I said that players get the idea that a 1-2k village can never, did you get that this time never produce troops as quickly as a 10k village, when in fact you can have a small village with a high rax producing troops as quickly as a 10k village. The only problem is that you will not have enough resources produced in order to keep a high rax running 24/7 unless you can feed it with resources, not from tribemates but from your main village and with lots of farming. Then it will produce as many troops as a 10k villages.

of course if you noble a 1k village it is not likely to have as high a rax as a 10k one but that is not the point i am making, the speed of troop production is dependant not on the overall point count of the village but on the level of the barracks.

Last edited by a moderator: