Communism. Your views?

DeletedUser

Cuban Cigars ofcourse!!!

Not to mention the sugar, Cocao and Tobacco produced in Cuba, I wouldn't be surprised if USA didn't buy them in, since they are so close.
I think that it is illegal to import any of those things into the USA from Cuba. It certainly was during the cold war.

DeletedUser

I think that it is illegal to import any of those things into the USA from Cuba. It certainly was during the cold war.

Sorry yes, you are right. I thought that the embargo had been scrapped since the cold war I was mistaken.

Although, that doesn't stop them taking Cuban money...

Wiki said:
Despite the existence of the embargo, the United States is the fifth largest exporter to Cuba (6.6% of Cuba's imports are from the US)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargo_against_Cuba

DeletedUser

Could point out more rich capatalist countries than communist countries.

I'm generally against communism as at this current point in time, it doesn't work. Maybe if we were using communism in ancient times we might have had a chance at it working. But today there isn't enough resources to share equally round so capatalism will always win. I'm sure some countries will benefit from using the odd idea from communism but as a system it can't be fully implemented.

Share resources? You don't know enough about communism to make a sensible judgement on it and like I said. You can't really base a countries success on it's economic ranking, for example the United States is quite a rich statical country however it has high income inequality, poor infrastructure (for it's size) and a second rate healthcare system.

DeletedUser

there are more capitalist countries than communist countries, therefore giving them more of a chance of being rich

Surely that tells you something? That there are far more capatalist than communist

@onetruth - there's enough resources to keep most people in developed countries happy but not enough when you add in the undeveloped. Our planet could not sustain everyone with current population growths.

DeletedUser

Share resources? You don't know enough about communism to make a sensible judgement on it and like I said. You can't really base a countries success on it's economic ranking, for example the United States is quite a rich statical country however it has high income inequality, poor infrastructure (for it's size) and a second rate healthcare system.

I know my knowledge of communism isn't that brilliant, there are plenty of actual experts to deal with it. I'm just putting forward some of the views I have.

I just generally disagree with communism, I prefer capatalism :)

And I agree economical indicators aren't always the true rating of quality of life

DeletedUser613

Surely that tells you something? That there are far more capatalist than communist

@onetruth - there's enough resources to keep most people in developed countries happy but not enough when you add in the undeveloped. Our planet could not sustain everyone with current population growths.

and most of them are poor.

DeletedUser

I know my knowledge of communism isn't that brilliant, there are plenty of actual experts to deal with it. I'm just putting forward some of the views I have.

I just generally disagree with communism, I prefer capatalism :)

And I agree economical indicators aren't always the true rating of quality of life

Exactly. So you can't comment on matters like trade and resources in the communist system. I should get Vale in to teach you all on communism :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Exactly. So you can't comment on matters like trade and resources in the communist system. I should get Vale in to teach you all on communism :icon_biggrin:

Will you read the name of the topic again? It specifically says "Your views" therefore he is free to stay whatever he likes whether it is fact or not.

DeletedUser

Will you read the name of the topic again? It specifically says "Your views" therefore he is free to stay whatever he likes whether it is fact or not.

Ja but he was using facts to back his opinions and these facts about the communist system were wrong.

DeletedUser

There are more non-communist than communist countries, that is true. The non-communist countries are made up of many very different systems (democracies, juntas, islamic republics), so you're not really comparing like with like.

"Capitalist" is a really unhelpful term because most people use it to mean "non-communist", whereas really all countries are capitalist. "Capitalist" is not mean the same as "having free markets".

DeletedUser

Ja but he was using facts to back his opinions and these facts about the communist system were wrong.

I was mainly using my views on facts :D What I've expressed was opinions with the odd reason why I thought that. The main country I know about in regards to communism was the USSR. And that China's not particularly communist.

@onetruth - There aren't really any full communist countries either but you're right about the different types.

I don't think communism will be around much longer as with most ideologies. We'll just be left with liberal governmenets. Have a little look at Francis Fukuyama's work (the end of history) :)

DeletedUser3312

Care to explain professor?

So if you were a lawyer, would you care to put as much work in even though a waste disposal engineer (A bin man) was on the same amount of wage as you?
Answer is no.
However, if we were all machines it'd make the perfect economy.

I thought people knew that already? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Why wouldn't you?
A lawyer is no better than a binman.

... better as in?

A binman doesn't need qualifications, doesn't need to put effort in to get the job he has.

A lawyer needs qualifications, needs intelligence and needs to work to get where he wants to be.

So I would say the lawyer deserves more money, don't give me all this bull about well "the binman was born with low IQ,"... unlucky for the bin man but I would like to make the most out of my intelligence.

DeletedUser

So if you were a lawyer, would you care to put as much work in even though a waste disposal engineer (A bin man) was on the same amount of wage as you?
Answer is no.
However, if we were all machines it'd make the perfect economy.

I thought people knew that already? :icon_neutral:

Lawyers are not paid the same as binman. I'll explain it further in a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser613

... better as in?

A binman doesn't need qualifications, doesn't need to put effort in to get the job he has.

A lawyer needs qualifications, needs intelligence and needs to work to get where he wants to be.

So I would say the lawyer deserves more money, don't give me all this bull about well "the binman was born with low IQ,"... unlucky for the bin man but I would like to make the most out of my intelligence.

Doesn't need to put effort in? :lol:
Where did you get that idea from, a binman could put in just as many hours and effort into his job than a lawyer.

So because this binman isn't as smart, he should have a worse quality of life?

You have clearly never had binmen on strike near you before and the implications of it.
Everyone in society is important or else it won't function. Like a truck driver, transports goods from places.
Many people would say, oh hes just a truck driver, but somebody has to do the job. If nobody did it it wouldn't get done.
IMO I'd say there are pleant of lawyers who work nowhere near as hard as most binmens and yet still get paid substantially more.
Lower paid jobs are the vital jobs, things that make society run. Just because you see yourself as above them somehow because you are smarter doesn't mean it is right.

DeletedUser

Yeah binmen are important, society needs them to function (at this time). However being a lawyer is more skilled work. (e.g. I could do a round of bin collection but would not be able to defend someone in court :D)

Heard a quote somewhere saying back in soviet Russia the government issued a target to a nail factory asking to them to produce 60 tons. A week later the factory was inspected and there was one 60 ton nail!

The governement will buy the product whether a lot of work was put into it or not. In a competitive market you have to keep improving to stay in the game. Thus we develop further as a society rather than just stagnating.

though this may just have been a branch of communism practised by the Soviets as it seems to be quite a wide catergory.

DeletedUser

Yeah binmen are important, society needs them to function (at this time). However being a lawyer is more skilled work. (e.g. I could do a round of bin collection but would not be able to defend someone in court :D)

Heard a quote somewhere saying back in soviet Russia the government issued a target to a nail factory asking to them to produce 60 tons. A week later the factory was inspected and there was one 60 ton nail!

The governement will buy the product whether a lot of work was put into it or not. In a competitive market you have to keep improving to stay in the game. Thus we develop further as a society rather than just stagnating.

though this may just have been a branch of communism practised by the Soviets as it seems to be quite a wide catergory.

You know government companies competed against each other? Not just in the same country as well within the communist bloc. Just using military for an example here's just some

Mikoyan
Sukhoi
Tupolev

They all had to compete for government contracts and export to other communist countries, so they all had the incentive to increase their production and have high quality produce and factories.