In response

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser589

As DaOscar decided to reply and ask a question in a locked thread, i thought Id paste his comments in here and reply:

DaOscar

#10 Today, 22:53 Top
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showpo...14&postcount=1

I fail to see what the confusion over scripts is when all approved scripts are in this link.

It's fantastic that you know where it is. What a lot of players are angry about is the lack of comms between staff and gamers as many players did not know where to go to get info.

PS next time unlock a thread if you want an answer....

DeletedUser

I did speak to DaOscar via mail because unable to reply in forum

It is confusing there are so many threads on the scripts started by different people to know which is the offical line

DeletedUser

Luke i see your frustration. I posted the link to a thread that contains all the approved scripts.

I was making a statement and not answering a question.

Brady7 no rudeness was intended sorry if you are offended by my statement.

This thread will stay open so long as it does not breach the forums rules ie. no talk of in game bans or rule breaking is to be discussed. Please use the in game ticket/support system for in game matters.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

Again am confused in why we are unable to disscuss in game issues - When these very forums influence and some guide game play e.g the script forum.

But I stick to your rules although I am still confused re them

DeletedUser589

I did speak to DaOscar via mail because unable to reply in forum

It is confusing there are so many threads on the scripts started by different people to know which is the offical line

I agree patsy, there should be better comms from the TW staff regarding scripts. A reminder mail about scripts, or even a simple interaction with the dukes of tribes to get them to remind their members?

Fact is that a lot of players do not come onto the external forums so hiding the information about scripts in a random forum won't help anyone. We just end up with what we have here.

DeletedUser

Fact is that a lot of players do not come onto the external forums so hiding the information about scripts in a random forum won't help anyone. We just end up with what we have here.

Cant agree more.

DeletedUser

This is not the case, the link to the approved scripts is clearly marked in the rules of the game.

It has always been there so there is no excuse as the rules are linked ingame.

DeletedUser

Firstly Daoscar thank's for not closing this thread,and having the time to come back to us on this matter.

But if you say that it states this in the "rules" in game,doesn't that kinda clear the person(s) if they are unaware they posess such banned scripts,or have never used them before?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How can it clear a person if the only allowed scripts are posted in that link, that deems that anything else is illegal for use on this server.

DeletedUser

Ah but the point i'm trying to make,is if the person(s) are unaware they have such scripts,i.e was it put on while being sat for a period of time etc,then the person(s) wouldn't until now,know they possessed an illegal script,especially if they didn't use the public forums.

If someone holds a gun,it doesn't mean they have shot it,see my point?

DeletedUser589

DaOscar, I feel your point would be more valid if in the past 2 years we havent had so many mixed messages about which scripts can or cant be used. With all the changes that have happened, clearer comms need to be made other than to just stick a link in the rules, lets face it, once you have read the rules you arent going to check them every other week to be sure there hasnt been an update. EG the first post in that thread came a long time after W1 was activated and i havent re-read the rules within the last 2 years.

The responsibility sits with the ingame mods to provide us with better and clearer comms about these matters and not spend the night checking accounts and banning them.... Players are complaining all over that they feel they are being victimised rather than treated as the paying customers they are. I know a fair few who have said they are contacting innogames direct about the matter.

DeletedUser

The rules are linked in game as i have already stated.

Script Rules clearly state that only scripts allowed in Approved Script Thread are allowed to be used on this server.

It makes no difference if you put it on there or a sitter the account owner is the person who is ultimately responsible for their account. If you set a sitter then it is your responsibility to check the quick bar upon your return.

Any script which interacts with the rally point in anyway always has and always will be illegal on this server, so if you are found to be in possession of one of these then you are in breach of the rules regardless of who put it there.

Even if you are not active on the external forums it makes no difference as the specific thread is linked from the rules which is linked from ingame and you are also responsible for reading those.

DeletedUser

Ah but the point i'm trying to make,is if the person(s) are unaware they have such scripts,i.e was it put on while being sat for a period of time etc,then the person(s) wouldn't until now,know they possessed an illegal script,especially if they didn't use the public forums.

If someone holds a gun,it doesn't mean they have shot it,see my point?

Well Brady, thats for that particular person, hypothetically, to send in a support ticket and appeal the matter, however...(read my post after luke's quote)

DaOscar, I feel your point would be more valid if in the past 2 years we havent had so many mixed messages about which scripts can or cant be used. With all the changes that have happened, clearer comms need to be made other than to just stick a link in the rules, lets face it, once you have read the rules you arent going to check them every other week to be sure there hasnt been an update. EG the first post in that thread came a long time after W1 was activated and i havent re-read the rules within the last 2 years.

The responsibility sits with the ingame mods to provide us with better and clearer comms about these matters and not spend the night checking accounts and banning them.... Players are complaining all over that they feel they are being victimised rather than treated as the paying customers they are. I know a fair few who have said they are contacting innogames direct about the matter.

If you want to use scripts, which are an addition to the game, then it would be up to you as a player to make sure you are using up-to-date material. If someone put them on your account...well it's still YOUR account so are held responsible. Not only that, but after "all the changes" you state they have had regarding scripts, I personally think this would be up to the players to make sure what they are actually using is legal or not...and as Thar said before, during the period that there was an actual issue with scripts, replacements had to comply with already stated rules. I'm not too sure the exact situations happening, since this is forums and not in-game, but this is my opinion as a player, not as an Moderator.

DeletedUser

I can see this being a long winded debate where both sides aren't going to want to back down.

I fully understand that rules are there to make sure the game is played in accordance,but on this occasion i think the punishment doesn't suit the crime.

I can think of worse crimes in this game,but i wont mention it or names,as i got 2 infractions last time lol.

DeletedUser

Brady7 this is clearly an ingame issue perhaps you would be better to send a support ticket as i and JP have suggested earlier.

As a forum mod it is not my place to back down, more to answer what questions i can, inform you and other readers of your options and help out where i have to.

DeletedUser

Just a query regarding the rules - it used to be that you could find them easily enough via clicking on 'help' in game and then going down to the rules section within there. Now the 'help' link leads elsewhere (to a wiki version). To get to rules from within the game, in my current experience (and please, anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - I'd like to know an easier way) you have to open a separate window or tab and google 'tribal wars uk rules' to get anywhere. How can you expect people to even keep up with the rules when they're making it harder to find them?

DeletedUser

Well at the bottom of the in-game page, there is a "help" link. After clicking that, you get taken to the tribalwars-wiki. On the left side there is a "rules" link, after clicking that you can pick the server you are on and will be taken to the rule page. Or if you use the forums and are reading this post, it's at the top of the page under "Game Rules".

DeletedUser

Well at the bottom of the in-game page, there is a "help" link. After clicking that, you get taken to the tribalwars-wiki. On the left side there is a "rules" link, after clicking that you can pick the server you are on and will be taken to the rule page. Or if you use the forums and are reading this post, it's at the top of the page under "Game Rules".

Kinda funny and weird, eh? You are playing the game and you have to go through all that just to read the rules...you visit the forums and voila...:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Well the forums have always been here to enhance the gaming experience. And it's not like its all that much work, just 3 clicks. I do however think that the rules could be a tad more accessible in-game, maybe a suggestion you all could make in the suggestions forum? However, this isn't really do to with the rules being accessible...the questions that had arisen had to do with scripts...which are gotten from the forums...so...:icon_confused:

I understand players may have had others put scripts on for them, and if that's the case, these accounts are your accounts not our(staff's) accounts or the players accounts that put them up. Which makes the point of someone putting something illegal on YOUR account moot, as it's not us doing it, we didn't change rules or anything. To take up Brady's early "scenario", it's not where you got the gun from, it's who pulls the trigger that's at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.