In response

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

perhaps the option to add allowed scripts from a list in game would save any mistakes.

I personally think innogames dislike scripts because they want to charge for extras like the village manager etc etc

DeletedUser

Yes Patsypat mistakes can be made ... but amended scripts are ones that have at some point been approved .... whereas some that have been in use have never been approved and would never of been updated to work with the new in-game updates.

I am trying to here players views on what they think would be appropriate actions to alleviate confusion.

In game link to approved scripts, in settings for example, NOT a list in the forum

DeletedUser

In game link to approved scripts, in settings for example, NOT a list in the forum

This has been asked earlier.

The link to approved scripts has always been a part of the Rules of the game, that link is on your in game page.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I feel that if you use scripts, you must take on the responsibility of them and that involves checking whether they are legal or not. The forums messy and you can't see something? Mail the mod or just look a bit harder. Using scripts is something helpful that GF allows us to make our gaming just that little bit easier. If players can't be bothered to obey the rules along with them, then they deserved to be punished in my opinion.

What does it take to check if they are legal, several clicks? Not much! There's no excuse for disobeying rules.

DeletedUser

Drew I am not a computer buff, nor can I write codes - I think I represent Joe bloggs who play this game.
It is confusing when approved or updated scripts are not presented in one place - also having a list of not approved scripts keeps things clear. Some of us need clear and precise guidance we are not experts.

What does it take to check if they are legal, several clicks? Not much! There's no excuse for disobeying rules

People are not disobeying rules, this case is not black and white and people should not need to search through 100's of threads to find the answer.

Am afraid MetallicPhantom your comments are not helping anyone

DeletedUser

I for one was very distressed yesterday unsure if I had the right scripts in place or not

DeletedUser

If you use the approved ones that are the direct link from the rules then you should have no problems. But to take scripts from the sub-forum that have not been listed in the the approved scripts then you are taking risks.

But to be clear and be safe: any script that fills in or part fills the rally point is deemed as a none approved script. These scripts have never been a part of the UK TW game and this feature of not allowing fake or farming scripts (or the like) has attracted players to this server.

DeletedUser

you guys don't seem to get it it - some of us simple people playing the game would not have a clue if it filled the rally point or not

unless stated

and some of the approved scripts are in the sub forum and not on the approved list

DeletedUser

Yes as stated above it was an oversight and not pointed out until tonight. Hopefully that will be rectified soon. But that was an already approved script that just needed updating.

DeletedUser

Seriously Jp is that the mature answer I can expect from you? A Forum Admin?

I have no idea what post you were reading...I haven't given any immature commentary, especially compared to what you just gave me, sorry if you took something I said wrong out of context but my intention wasn't to talk to you like a child.

First off I never stated "HIM", I stated you guys as in the royal "YOU". Personally I dont know all your official roles nor do I care, infact having a Game Mod answering Forum MOD questions just further backs up why there is so much confusion!

Well you quoted him, thought you were talking about him, when you said you I figured it was the person you were quoting, again sorry.

Since when did it become our job to tell you how to do your job? Doing so usually results in infractions.

I think you are getting confused, no one said it is your job to tell us how to do our job. We asked for ideas and suggestions. And if you find something amiss, you can post in the appropriate forum or let the appropriate Moderator know about it...It's entirely up to you of course, no one said you had to...

You Volunteer to do that job, whether not livelihood or not you've volunteered to do the job and therefore should be doing it to the best of your ability.

Which we do. We aren't perfect Bask, no one is, we do make mistakes, and we do miss some things, such is a part of life.

Seriously in tribes we moderate our own forums and keep them tidy. The task isnt hard, infact if its so hard to moderate ONE forum, I'll happily apply to do it myself.

I wouldn't imagine it's too hard to moderate a tribal forum...don't see what this has to do anything though?

As for the script line, am almost 99% convinced if they werent allowed you wouldnt have any player base with members over 2-3 million as the time it takes to manage the account simply wouldnt work.

In tw's peak, scripts were a closely guarded secret :icon_wink: Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, this game was alot better without scripts playing it for you.

The reason scripts are written is that the features of the game lack the stuff people actually need or want. But that isnt the discussion here is it.

No it isn't, if there's features you need or want, that have to do with scripts, you can post your ideas or suggestions regarding new scripts in the script forum.

All the while resulting in further confusion for people in game as to whats legal, upto date etc etc

Again that's not entirely true. We have a list in the forums of the legal and approved scripts...same as you and anyone else can see. When those approved scripts get updated, the players in-game using those approved scripts will automatically have their scripts updated.

Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit.

:icon_rolleyes:

So again what your saying is you forum mods dont even have a clue whats going on in your own forum and failed to note a post that has been updated recently had out of date information in it? All the while people are being told to refer to this as to what is allowed/not allowed.....

No that's not what I'm saying or anyone else has said besides you. I said that sometimes things slip through the cracks, and if you notice it you can let someone know about it. And yes there is a thread for approved scripts, if something isn't there that should be, it makes it ok to use something else because you didn't notify anyone? Again, we aren't perfect, we need you guys to help us out every now and then if you notice something amiss, not just purposefully abandoned all the rules because an approved script wasn't added to the approved scripts section :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I give up after just reading JP post - are any of you listening

Stop repeating that there is an approved list when its flawed

Sort the forums out and stop making excuses or worse trying to put the blame on us players

This is just pure one up manship now and unhelpful to any of us - we were looking for solutions

DeletedUser

Sorry Jp can we keep this thread on Topic please??

If you have an issue with what I've written then please mail me direct. I see no need to derail this further.

Drew has asked us to keep this positive and thus is why my rant ended with just an action for yourselves to look at. I will cease to have any discussion further with yourself for fear of this useful thread being locked.

DeletedUser

Sorry Jp can we keep this thread on Topic please??

If you have an issue with what I've written then please mail me direct. I see no need to derail this further.

Drew has asked us to keep this positive and thus is why my rant ended with just an action for yourselves to look at. I will cease to have any discussion further with yourself for fear of this useful thread being locked.

The thread will not be locked, until its purpose has been served. This was stated near the start of the thread in case you missed it.

Needless to say please keep your posts within forum rules and as close to the items being discussed as possible.

Thank-you.

DeletedUser

Without wishing to sound facetious, can we assume that the 'legal script' threads are going to be cleaned up to be a bit easier to understand?

DeletedUser

It would seen that we need a better look/design to the script forum so that it is very clear what is what ...

DeletedUser

But where does this leave the players involved in all this mess?

DeletedUser2178

These scripts that have been "found" have probably been installed on the players quick bar for months maybe over a year? Not wanting to get back on the rule thing because the mods know it is flawed and are just going around in circles with it hoping everyone will go away(arent you?) these players had probably forgot they even had them or as discussed earlier didn't know they had them at all but in any case the amount of money and time they have put into the game surely entitles them to a fair hearing and not just "Hi you cheated, you can either hand over a shed load of villages and continue to pay and play or we will exterminate you" Oh and if your quick enough to take your villages back we have hit you with another penalty :icon_biggrin: we have stuck 20k of defence in them to drag it out a bit! You could have climbed off your high horses and gone about this a little less barbaric in my opinion.

DeletedUser

There are few issues here. First - how do people obtain scripts? Answer they usually post on Skype or somewhere and say "Who has a script to...?"

If someone offers one, they put it in the quick bar and trust that person that it is not illegal. They have to trust, because the average player would have no way of checking whether the script they have is substantially the same as one in the allowed list or not. To most people it is just a load of meaningless text.

In other words, for all the noise about there being a list of approved scripts available, that is not actually helpful, because most people have no idea whether the script they are offered is valid - and certainly cannot check for themselves. Thus to start penalising people for an offence they have no notion they have committed is really bound to cause a great deal of resentment - and I am fairly sure that hacking off your customers is not your primary purpose, so why do it?

Here is a proposal. Change the quickbar so that the only things that will post there are links to scripts and not scripts themselves, and validate those links as pointing to the right place before executing. There may be a technical reason why this would not work, but I must admit I can't think of one.

My other proposal is this. Start working with your customers more instead of playing at being policemen. You really are storing up a lot of resentment that a different approach could avoid.

DeletedUser

KRIZTOV if you cannot be constructive please do not post ..

Again I cannot go into detail about players tickets due to the privacy policy but safe to say that these players who were banned had none approved scripts. These scripts were not to be found by mistake in the script sub-forums or waiting to be updated but actual scripts that were never approved right from the start of the TW UK servers. I cannot say more on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.