In response

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Taff ... you comment about being given scripts is out of our control and players take a risk if they are to accept these scripts and use them..

As for the make a tool bar well players like to choose what selection of scripts they wish to use so this makes it hard to track scripts that are put into Quickbars.

If there is ever any doubt just ask we are approachable and will answer your question or find the information you need if possible.

DeletedUser

Drew with the greatest of respect you are in game admin not forum or script admin and whilst I respect your right to ignore or dodge what you do not like and troll and derail and place an opinion where you have one if you are going to put it on here please do so as a user, not attempting to represent admin generally when if i were to pick through the detail your views actually differ from those of the forum mods on some aspects.

The TWOC example is perfect for what I am saying. I post a comment, you seem to confuse the words used with something quite different using a different context completely and post something smart and actually pretty insulting to the readers intelligence and quite disrespectful to me.

I spent some time trying to improve the management of this world for the community earlier by making my post and the fact you answered little of it and none of it constructively or having heard the message is pretty obvious.

Brady has now asked very politely whether there is a solution to the debacle. Spelling it out - the debacle is not the structure of the script page. My particular issue has little to do with that actually but it relates to the conduct of the in game and forum moderators.

I believe everyone except the moderators know what you (the moderators generally) should do. If you need to redraw rules, apologize, exercise your discretion and revisit your decisions or simply take a decision that is in the wider interests of the community then please do so.

DeletedUser

Drew if you are saying that people can only choose from the approved list, then make the quickbar carry only pointers, and check before execution that they point to that approved list. Then it would not be possible to run an illegal script, people would be protected from innocent error and there would be a simple solution.

I really do feel that while in some cases the Law refuses to accept ignorance (though it usually requires intent to transgress before punishment is meted out) the situation for a game people play for their enjoyment is rather different. Here it is very difficult indeed to see how you can justify hurting people's pleasure in their game for something they did not know they had done and would not have wished to. I really don't feel you can ever justify that in these circumstances - and the fact that you do it inevitably leads to bitterness and anger from people whose enjoyment you are there to promote.

It really is up to Innogames to find a better way.

DeletedUser

Okay Drew do you have any solutions to how this can be resolved

DeletedUser589

There are few issues here. First - how do people obtain scripts? Answer they usually post on Skype or somewhere and say "Who has a script to...?"

If someone offers one, they put it in the quick bar and trust that person that it is not illegal. They have to trust, because the average player would have no way of checking whether the script they have is substantially the same as one in the allowed list or not. To most people it is just a load of meaningless text.

In other words, for all the noise about there being a list of approved scripts available, that is not actually helpful, because most people have no idea whether the script they are offered is valid - and certainly cannot check for themselves. Thus to start penalising people for an offence they have no notion they have committed is really bound to cause a great deal of resentment - and I am fairly sure that hacking off your customers is not your primary purpose, so why do it?

Here is a proposal. Change the quickbar so that the only things that will post there are links to scripts and not scripts themselves, and validate those links as pointing to the right place before executing. There may be a technical reason why this would not work, but I must admit I can't think of one.

My other proposal is this. Start working with your customers more instead of playing at being policemen. You really are storing up a lot of resentment that a different approach could avoid.

This sums up my thoughts exactly, and was about to write the same until i saw you had all ready placed it.
I think what we are asking is for more engagement surrounding scripts and less punishment for just having the wrong one. Lets face it, scripts arent a simple issue for everyone and to me the solution is that the mods need to act more like customer service and less like police.

Why not send a circular mail saying "next week we are checking to make sure all scripts that are being used are legal, please check your scripts against the approved list found here" That list should be a nice clear list with descriptions of what the script does" If you still find illegal scripts then I think the community would be more understanding with these punishments.

Please dont kill this game

Just like to add that I have only just noticed your sig Drew. Do you feel thats appropriate for a mod to have? You are glorifying giving players a ban........

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To Taff >>> As for the re-coding of the quickbar I would be happy to have you put that in the suggestions thread as like you say it would stop a lot of illicit scripts coming to the game and make my life a lot more simple. But this would require coding on the game engine side and that is above what we can do as moderators. But I do like the idea.

Hannibal >>> your post was repeating its self as I did go through it in detail. Sorry if the poke at TWOC offended was not meant to ... But again I find that your skirting a point you wish to make ... please be more direct in what your saying.

But to the just of it if your found to be in breach of the rules then you will face the consequences, we have guidlines to follow in reguards to punishment and infraction. I can only go so far as a moderator within these guidelines then it has to stop. That is when as a player you are allowed to take your case further and to inno-games direct to plead your case.

DeletedUser2178

KRIZTOV if you cannot be constructive please do not post ..

I have as much right to voice an opinion as anybody else on here so please dont tell me not to post, this issue should have been dealt with better thats all i was getting at, sorry if i hit a nerve.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with a fair amount of what's been written here...

The script forum is in desperate need of stricter moderation, not to mention the fact the amount of approved scripts is poor.

As paying customers a little communication from the in-game admin, even just a reminder about stuff would be appreciated, I wouldn't have a job if I didn't contact my CUSTOMERS once in a while.

On the other hand, we as players have a responsibility to question the mods if/when we see something that may need to be actioned, such as a legitimate script that needs to be added to the approved list.

Whilst there have been many valid points made about various aspects of the running of the forums, scripts etc, the bottom line is there is a list of approved scripts which is indeed linked to in-game via the rules. If anyone does have these 'other' scripts installed onto their quick bar than on their head be it. I don't believe ignorance or trust in another is any excuse, the rules are there for everybody.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

DeletedUser

Drew i'm not having a dig at you mate,but your signature is a little distasteful knowing the subject we're talking about.

DeletedUser

Am sorry Drew but your sig is outrageous - it shows zero respect or sensitivity to those players involved in this.
It also can be viewed to have an intimidatory undertone.

It really is not the best sig for an in game mod

DeletedUser

Luke >>> if someone is doing some kind of illegal action then you warn them that your are about to check for that illegal action then I am sure they would never be caught out. The aim is to catch players who are breaching the rules. These players that breach the rules are just spoiling the game for others and gaining faulse advantage within the game. Our aim is to help where we can, so as I have said before it you are ever unsure about anything within the game i.e scripts then ask as it is better to be safe than sorry. If you are found to have a script that has never been approved installed on your quickbar then you will face an infraction.

I have had this quoted at me: (this was for scripts that needed updating to the latest game update)
[th]As a matter of fact, some of the formerly approved scripts don't seem to work with V7 of the game.

So, unless I've approved any working and tested script alternatives, players may use REPLACEMENTS for the broken ones, as long as
  • they don't have any additional features than the formerly approved one and
  • they are not partially externally hosted (just "one-liner" for the quick bar)
[/th]

Once again it clearly states scripts that have been been approves at some point ....

The rules are clear on script abuse and the rules do point to only the approved scripts. To not use a script that is not in that list is to face an infraction of the rules. Other servers have different rules hence when you join a world on this server you are asked to read the rules. If you have any questions about the rules we are here to help.

Yes the scripts awaiting approval do need a clean-up but there is no confusion here you can only use scripts that are approved.

Fake scripts/farming scripts/nuke scripts or any other script that fills in full or part of the rally point has never been approved in TW UK.

To use an analogy if you don't know how to use a gun don't play with it, same for scripts if you don't know if it approved don't use it, better to be safe than sorry, ask and help will be given.

Now to sort this script forum out I will discuss this with the script moderating team and see what formats we can come up with and maybe a short explanation on how these work so players who don't know how they work can gain some insight in the world of scripts and what they can do.

Yes my sig is hard but if players were more into asking for advice rarther than taking things into their own hands then maybe we would not be here now. Yes we should be here to police and also guide ... so please use the latter more often and understanding from both the players and the moderators would improve I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seriously? Totally off-topic and clutching at straws there, he's an in-game mod, he bans people, not to mention it's a quirky little cartoon sketch.

DeletedUser

I am attempting to be constructive and keeping this thread open so we can clear a few issues and solve a few problems and now its my sig thats the fault ... if it would cure these issues then I would change it ... :)

DeletedUser

Yes my sig is hard but if players were more into asking for advice rarther than taking things into their own hands then maybe we would not be here now. Yes we should be here to police and also guide ... so please use the latter more often and understanding from both the players and the moderators would improve I am sure.

I asked for guidance last night the thread was locked - Re your sig comment - it does not paint a picture of a welcoming game - nor does it portray a person who is approachable.

DeletedUser589

Seriously? Totally off-topic and clutching at straws there, he's an in-game mod, he bans people, not to mention it's a quirky little cartoon sketch.

So you wouldnt mind if the police went around glorifying arresting people? Banning people shouldnt be the first thing on a mods mind, helping the community should be the first thing on their mind. They repeatedly claim to be approachable but the fact is most mods arent and sigs like Drew's dont help rid them of that image.... The sig to me suggests that he thinks its, fun, clever and cool to ban people and to me thats very on topic as my main point is that the comms need to change drastically between players and staff.

Drew, I feel your point would be more valid if those that had been banned were the top 10 and were actually gaining an advantage from their scripts. But from what I can see none of the bans have been on the larger players Your whole mentality is flawed, you seem to set about just wanting to ban players. YES I would actually warn people of the script check, as I would see myself as providing a service to keep all players playing fair instead of looking at ways to be able to ban the most amount of people. If you really wanted to keep the playign field fair and not just looking for bans, then you would have been completing checks on a more regular basis.

i for one have no issues with those players having the scripts they were banned for. Maybe the community should get a vote on which scripts they feel should and shouldnt be allowed in game?

DeletedUser

Bottom line is, the only scripts that are allowed are the ones in the thread entitled 'Sticky: List of Approved Scripts & Tools'.

Use of any other scripts is obviously up for scrutiny, and ignorance is no excuse.

DeletedUser589

You telling me the police shouldn't announce the arrest of a rapist or murderer as if it's a good thing?
hahahahahaha you comparing using a script in game to that? Good night, thats game over for you. Please leave this discussion to those of us with actual relevant comments and points to be made!

You forget the police's primary function is to help and support the community and even with illegal firearms they announced that people could hand them in with no questions asked. If they can do that then surely mods can give a heads up about scripts rather than just try and ban people.

DeletedUser

Bottom line is the V7 mass recruit is approved and not in that list = the forums and the lists need sorting.

Status
Not open for further replies.