Jungle

DeletedUser

Are you a player Fogg care to share that Ign, I'm quite sure I can spare a nuke or two for you. Oh yeah I forget, your skill set in game is trolling the forums.

And your skill set is what exactly? Playing generals and being sent home with your tail between your legs? Running MH? Running Jungle? Asking 14 year old boys how they are finding their new tribe and threatening them with attacks if they attack your tribe mate? Very cunning game play CW. Can't say I am an admirer.

DeletedUser6194

THE BEGINNING OF THE END

News of SPQR’s victories have just come in. The top jungle players have convened for a council of war.

KA300M: How dare they!!! Don’t they know who i am! I am KA300M! Lord of k45!! Saviour of MH! I will crush them like worms!!

(News of another lost village comes in. KA300M breaks down and weeps uncontrollably).

Crazy wolf: As long as we plan our counter-offensive carefully, we’ll be fine. Communication is key. Don’t you agree, fellow Dukes?

*TFT* SKoORN: Pardon? Je ne comprend pas anglais.

Jack in the green: JACK JACK JACK!! JACK, JACK JACK JACK. JACK?

Discord: It’s all a matter of perspicacity. The concept of ‘victory’ is simply a construct created by those who are nobleing vills. If we take the epistemological approach, we’ll soon understand that there is no such thing.

Crazy wolf: What?

*TFT* SKoORN: Pardon?

Jack in the green: JACK?

Discord: (Sighs) I fear my intellectual prowess may prove no amelioration when reliant on the cerebral aptitude of my tribemates.

(The doors bursts open and RUVENTO runs into the room. His eyes are bloodshot and he looks dishevelled).

Ruvento: You’ve got to help me! They’re attacking from all sides! Sent some support before it’s too late!

(The Dukes look shifty. Discord and crazy wolf exchange glances. Crazy wolf pulls a lever, and a trapdoor opens where Ruvento is standing).

Ruvento(as he falls into the trapdoor): NOOOOOOOO!

Crazy wolf(wiping away a crocodile tear): We had no choice. After all, it would look really bad in the stats.

(The door bursts open again and RUFFUS runs in)

Ruffus: It’s all going to be ok! I’ve worked it out! It’s foolproof!

Discord: Do tell.

Ruffus: It's simple – we set up some family tribes! One on each continent makes jungle 1 through to 15, and maybe an academy for each family...

(With no hesitation crazy wolf pulls the lever again, sending ruffus plummeting to his doom. KA300M, who has been curled up on the floor, seemingly oblivious to proceedings, now looks up).

Ka300M: NO!! This time I will save you! (With a demented shriek he hurls himself down the trapdoor).

*TFT* SKoORN(sighing gallicly) ques que c’est le anglais pour ‘la button restart’?

DeletedUser

And your skill set is what exactly? Playing generals and being sent home with your tail between your legs? Running MH? Running Jungle? Asking 14 year old boys how they are finding their new tribe and threatening them with attacks if they attack your tribe mate? Very cunning game play CW. Can't say I am an admirer.

Question for you Fogg, when chatting to someone on skype that you knew was a spy for another tribe. That you wouldn't mind as recruiting as a spy for your own tribe, and they ask the question, if I attack your tribe mate will you attack me. Please do tell me what the proper response should be ? should it be nah attack away np from me dude, or is the perhaps more correct response yep I will. Even if the player, in question is not active anymore, why let another tribe take their villages.

As for my little stint in MH that is not really something that I was so keen on doing, it turned out to be a complete waist of time, also the 14 year old was Angry Chef ;) using his skype dude that became quickly apparent to me.

Imagines that this will be getting twisted in to some rant "why let another tribe take their villages." Decides not to bother responding anymore.

DeletedUser

THE BEGINNING OF THE END

News of SPQR’s victories have just come in. The top jungle players have convened for a council of war.

KA300M: How dare they!!! Don’t they know who i am! I am KA300M! Lord of k45!! Saviour of MH! I will crush them like worms!!

(News of another lost village comes in. KA300M breaks down and weeps uncontrollably).

Crazy wolf: As long as we plan our counter-offensive carefully, we’ll be fine. Communication is key. Don’t you agree, fellow Dukes?

*TFT* SKoORN: Pardon? Je ne comprend pas anglais.

Jack in the green: JACK JACK JACK!! JACK, JACK JACK JACK. JACK?

Discord: It’s all a matter of perspicacity. The concept of ‘victory’ is simply a construct created by those who are nobleing vills. If we take the epistemological approach, we’ll soon understand that there is no such thing.

Crazy wolf: What?

*TFT* SKoORN: Pardon?

Jack in the green: JACK?

Discord: (Sighs) I fear my intellectual prowess may prove no amelioration when reliant on the cerebral aptitude of my tribemates.

(The doors bursts open and RUVENTO runs into the room. His eyes are bloodshot and he looks dishevelled).

Ruvento: You’ve got to help me! They’re attacking from all sides! Sent some support before it’s too late!

(The Dukes look shifty. Discord and crazy wolf exchange glances. Crazy wolf pulls a lever, and a trapdoor opens where Ruvento is standing).

Ruvento(as he falls into the trapdoor): NOOOOOOOO!

Crazy wolf(wiping away a crocodile tear): We had no choice. After all, it would look really bad in the stats.

(The door bursts open again and RUFFUS runs in)

Ruffus: It’s all going to be ok! I’ve worked it out! It’s foolproof!

Discord: Do tell.

Ruffus: It's simple – we set up some family tribes! One on each continent makes jungle 1 through to 15, and maybe an academy for each family...

(With no hesitation crazy wolf pulls the lever again, sending ruffus plummeting to his doom. KA300M, who has been curled up on the floor, seemingly oblivious to proceedings, now looks up).

Ka300M: NO!! This time I will save you! (With a demented shriek he hurls himself down the trapdoor).

*TFT* SKoORN(sighing gallicly) ques que c’est le anglais pour ‘la button restart’?

PSML :lol: I can't agree with that but I can give you rep for making me cry :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Question for you Fogg, when chatting to someone on skype that you knew was a spy for another tribe. That you wouldn't mind as recruiting as a spy for your own tribe, and they ask the question, if I attack your tribe mate will you attack me. Please do tell me what the proper response should be ? should it be nah attack away np from me dude, or is the perhaps more correct response yep I will. Even if the player, in question is not active anymore, why let another tribe take their villages.

As for my little stint in MH that is not really something that I was so keen on doing, it turned out to be a complete waist of time, also the 14 year old was Angry Chef ;) using his skype dude that became quickly apparent to me.

Imagines that this will be getting twisted in to some rant "why let another tribe take their villages." Decides not to bother responding anymore.

Crazy Wolf, good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY

DeletedUser

so with Jungle failing and being attacked by both SPQR and Death would there be a case for these ex jungle players jumping ship in favour of Rumble to be classed as refugees ?

Refugees surely ? They should be kicked or unsupported!

:icon_evil:

DeletedUser

Refugees surely ? They should be kicked or unsupported!

:icon_evil:

thats what i thought, let's face it, any other tribe would be ripped to shreds here for taking on players who are

A- refugees

and

B- totally disloyal to their previous tribe

we have all known players who have stuck it out until they were rimmed no matter what yet here are atleast 2 players that i know of who are welcomed with open arms, obviously because of their high amount of points / vills.

from what i have read Rumble deserve top spot right now but can still maintain it without taking on refugees !!

DeletedUser

thats what i thought, let's face it, any other tribe would be ripped to shreds here for taking on players who are

A- refugees

and

we have all known players who have stuck it out until they were rimmed no matter what yet here are atleast 2 players that i know of who are welcomed with open arms, obviously because of their high amount of points / vills.

from what i have read Rumble deserve top spot right now but can still maintain it without taking on refugees !!

I told them to leave Jungle and contacted Rumble before hand to let them know that there where good new recruits to be had, they then followed their own internal policies regarding recruitment.

None of them are refugees and would have attacked SPQR, and would have fought on until the end if they had been so asked. But none of them used their troops in anger against SPQR, because I told them not to.

Jungle has had a lot of inactive players for quite some time, way before SPQR hence the Jack merge for new blood. But many of them decided to quit shortly after.

sighs really speculation is great :icon_neutral:

You want to know what killed Jungle, blame the leaders. Those that stayed and where still active would have followed any order given to them, but the truth is. I saw no reason to waste troops on SPQR when I knew many where quitting or had already done so, I personally have quit, but I'm still hanging around to annoy people.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Being relatively new to the forum all i have is rumour and speculation lol

But why tell them to leave Crazy Wolf ?
surely having them onboard would help save the tribe would have been better unless you already knew with the internal struggles that the tribe was doomed anyway. and if thats the case then why keep going ?

i would surmise that it maybe for the enjoyment of the game but reading some threads many people have forgotten that its a game and not RL lol

ok, your edit answered me.

DeletedUser

Being relatively new to the forum all i have is rumour and speculation lol

But why tell them to leave Crazy Wolf ?
surely having them onboard would help save the tribe would have been better unless you already knew with the internal struggles that the tribe was doomed anyway. and if thats the case then why keep going ?

i would surmise that it maybe for the enjoyment of the game but reading some threads many people have forgotten that its a game and not RL lol

ok, your edit answered me.

It's not fare to ask people to fight on when you know that most of the tribe has quit, as a former Duke acting stand in or whatever. I was not about to sit there any longer and watch inactivity take it's death hold. When new worlds start people want to play them, and real life is also in there as it's just a game.

When Jungle where active we where great IMHO, when we where bored we where done. I will play with these guys again on other worlds, and they all have my respect. But the guys who are not bored and still have personal goals for this world, should be free to pursue them in a fully functional active tribe.

End of the day mate, give it 2 min before someone tries to call bs on my comments, but I'm this horse and this post is my mouth.

DeletedUser

Phileas, Im not taking sides here BUT I am going to give you a piece of advice: YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER BE RESPECTED ON THESE FORUMS WHILE YOU HIDE YOUR IGN FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC. We all say what we want knowing it will have repercussions INGAME while you hide behind your forum name. Nothing you say will ever be respected while you are hiding.

DeletedUser

to be honest i can understand your reasoning and admire the fact that you can say it knowing full well it will be called into question quite ruthlessly by those forgeting its a bloody game lol

its the way of things that top spot is coverted so much that whoever holds it will be torn apart in the forums sooner or later, more by those too afraid to give it a go in the game, no doubt Rumble will come under the same scrutiny at some time.

why quit tho, its a game, stick around purely for fun lol

DeletedUser

Phileas, Im not taking sides here BUT I am going to give you a piece of advice: YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER BE RESPECTED ON THESE FORUMS WHILE YOU HIDE YOUR IGN FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC. We all say what we want knowing it will have repercussions INGAME while you hide behind your forum name. Nothing you say will ever be respected while you are hiding.

Deathwatch, thanks for that but why is it obviously troubling you that I may be hiding? From what? Nuke attack? lol. I have said this before and I will say it again for you, I do not caught public opinion. I say what I want to say. You seem to have me confused with somebody who would care what you and others think? I sincerely hope we have cleared that up.

But thanks for the advice, when did you poll respect on the forums anyway?

I'm not hiding behind a ign. Can you believe that? Do I even care?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A- refugees

and

Wolf pretty much sums it up the three members We never attacked SPQR and never received any...

As to being Disloyal again sometimes people on forum no nothing of what they speak. We where never Disloyal to Jungle we where told if we wanted to carry on we needed to find a new tribe :icon_wink:
As players we could have easily sat there and thought it out but against SPQR who where never near us? (maybe wait for themto noble by us maybe?)
Rumble where Top spot before taking in members from Jungle not a hard concept to see.

DeletedUser

that was cleared up m8 as Crazy Wolf explained it all, as you say sometimes members on the forum know nothing but make the leap to something drastic, i just speculated on a reasonable question and was answered which cleared that up.

and no flaming involved at all which was quite refreshing lol

But i do disagree with Mr Fogg, it seems you have gone out of your way to hide the fact that you do care about what others think and about knowing what you ign is, why else hide behind another ?
your threads masked by a name unrecognised ig tells, me atleast ,that you do want to court public scrutiny like some masked avenger from hollywood.

just an opinion :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

You want to know what killed Jungle, blame the leaders.

Stop trying to take my blame Crazy... :icon_neutral: Go get your own mobs with torches. I worked hard to create all these trolls and turn them against me!

I haven't done anything in the last several weeks, as I said. This world has become rather boring and repetitive. Yeah, SPQR did some damage to ka300m. Oh shucks, they surprised us and we are just a little bit too spread out to get support there in a manner of minutes. Ruvento had not logged on in almost a week when he was kicked. Deewee was trying to quit before SPQR tried to hit him. He stuck around long enough to be a nuisance to them, and then continued with his quitting.

Those saying why quit with SPQR on the horizon clearly dont understand how this game works. Player for Player, SPQR is awful. I can show you the trains, partial nukes, and mixed villages to prove it. Even their shining glory Angrychef was rather poor with the trains and nukes.

Alas, mixed villages, nukes, trains, etc begin to add up. That is how such a tribe does it's damage. When you have 200-300 incomings, 50% of which are atlesat a few thousand axes and a few hundred LC, it is rather hard to defend. Even if the noble trains have 20 second gaps... When 5 or 6 trains are sent at the same village it is silly to keep supporting it, as they'll lose more resources than they gain simply due to overlapping trains In that regard, SPQR deserves kudos. They managed to get even their players with a couple villages to participate. They seem to be doing something right there. I was once told by a consistently top player, and a guy whose won more wars than most of you have probably seen that no one needs fakes. He said that timing will always cause more damage than poorly placed constant fakes. I tend to agree with him, but that doesn't reduce the time it takes to time them and deal with them. In terms of gameplay, fakes are unnecessary. In terms of destroying an opponent, they're unnecessary. Alas, when you remove their fun and make it into a job, then that is where fakes do their damage.

In terms of support, it's nigh impossible to take a few villages scot-free with such minute distances between villages. When it would take one of our nearest villages several hours to support, it'd take them a few minutes to support. My point? If we were to actually go full steam ahead and try to smash SPQR, it would be an immensely long and boring war. It wouldn't be a matter of skill, it'd be a matter of repeatedly sending nukes to their deaths until they finally ran out of support, or we ran out of ambition. This game favors the defender oh so heavily, and when the defender consists of more villages (of less quality) and of a significantly less distance apart, then those on offense have nearly an impossible chance of ending any sort of conflict in any sort of reasonable timeframe. That's our own fault for allowing SPQR to grow and fester for that long.

Call me a sore loser, but I don't find sending dozens of nukes to their deaths, rebuilding, rinse, repeat to be fun. My only interest left in this world was to combat Rumble as had been discussed on about day three of the world. We figured that it could happen once we got rid of Freaks, alas. Egg decided to get upset when we rejected them in the first place. We didn't think they'd be too large a threat, it was only 4 members... They decided to get recruiting. I still don't think of Egg as a large threat, but they are large and have a semblance of a clue, and I've learned from multi-fronted wars that even the smallest threats can be dangerous.

Then we come to Death, they dont really deserve any respect from me, because everything they've sent at me has died miserably. Similar situations can be found all along the "Death" Frontline. So yeah, if you want to say Death helped SPQR killed us, go right ahead and be oblivious to the facts. We have been inactive for quite some time. We just managed somehow to pull the veil over your eyes and make you think it was happening later rather than sooner.

Personally I think I'll be quitting, I may join with some of my pals in Rumble for a bit once everyone has been found a home, as I was originally asked to join Rumble from the get-go (I decided against it because a lot of players I had led before in Evil were in Jungle, coincidentally they were some of the earliest to stop logging in). Then again, I am currently maintaining a top 20 start in World 47, and was one of the first few to LC. I am starting to remember how fun the game was to just play. Not having any administrative duties whatsoever to bother with is fun.

Anyways, this'll probably be one of my last posts here, as this world was dead from the get-go. Perhaps if the forum community were a bit more interesting, and those actually expressing their opinions weren't hiding behind an alias it might be more interesting. As it stands everything is simply conjecture and hearsay. That does not interest me. From a playing standpoint, I think I've made my stance fairly accurate. The game favors defense, and in the middle-late game it takes months and months to eliminate a foe. I don't like long-drawn out conflicts. Especially when I have studies to tend to, and most of the rest of us have rather time intensive professions. Constant attacks to dodge and snipe just do not make practical sense, and in a game about fun, that's not fun. Would a conflict with Rumble have been much different? Maybe not, but we'll never know. Now you lot get an even more significantly dominant Rumble to deal with, and their leaders log in more than once a day for 5 minutes. :icon_wink: If you want to call that a win, then go right a head.

DeletedUser

that was cleared up m8 as Crazy Wolf explained it all, as you say sometimes members on the forum know nothing but make the leap to something drastic, i just speculated on a reasonable question and was answered which cleared that up.

and no flaming involved at all which was quite refreshing lol

But i do disagree with Mr Fogg, it seems you have gone out of your way to hide the fact that you do care about what others think and about knowing what you ign is, why else hide behind another ?
your threads masked by a name unrecognised ig tells, me atleast ,that you do want to court public scrutiny like some masked avenger from hollywood.

just an opinion :icon_razz:

Sir andyc, that's certainly one way to look at it. But my understanding is that a lot of players use separate ign's on here. I am amused by the fact that people need to know I have a ign. What difference would it make? Tell me? Am I going to get rimmed for speaking my opinions on here? I find it interesting that you disagree with me and talk a load of hot air about ppl leaping to conclusions without knowing this and that, this includes you btw. Quite willing to argue I have a ign but where is your basis for that?

You might like to look at your ign, that is unrecognised also - please, find something substantial to argue about!

Very silly, but I appreciate your opinion.

DeletedUser

Quite willing to argue I have a ign but where is your basis for that?

Because if you dont have an in-game account then your presence here is merely to troll, and/or you really need to find something better to do than troll the game forums of a game you dont even play. My guess is that you are an angsty rim player upset because someone bid you ill will.

DeletedUser6194

So to sum up that last post:

This is a war game, but wars are boring.

We couldn't fight SPQR because although they managed to launch a successful surprise attack and take over 100 villages they're not as good as us, so it would be beneath us to fight them.

Fakes are unfair because somebody i spoke to once said so, and he must be right.

This world is rubbish because people have had the temerity to actually stand up to us.

Call me a sore loser
- sounds about right - why not just admit that you were outfought?