Skill Of UK3??

DeletedUser

I started with guides, got OK. Got a one million point account, and defended it for 7 weeks, from a three hundred million point tribe that can't use the word fakes. IF that doesn't teach you sniping and backtiming, I don't know what will. Then, I read some more guides, and started getting into the game mechanics. That really taught me advanced farming methods and the mathematics of a build strategy, as well as village builds, and such. Up until then, I considered myself a mediocre starter, and I could hold my own in general. But, after spending a couple worlds with some pros, I started a day late, and I am low on the inactivity side of things, but I am still going up quite well.

DeletedUser

I think any player that is intelligent enough to follow a 'guide' and make it work will probably soon end up in a tribe surrounded by experienced players .
Again you must consider what is success. The people in this thread advocating success through guides have only really done well early game.
In my opinion you can easily build villages , noble, farm, be a top ranked player but unless you have come under heavy attack and proved your worth , thats not really a whole skilled player ,just someone very good at that part of the game.
I hear there are a lot of skilled players in w3 . Some I have never seen play before . I think the proof of skill comes to the light when people fight each other. This also I believe is one of the best ways to learn that part of the game .
Guides are ok for starting up , a mentor to teach you more, the 'Baptism of Fire' to test your own actual skill , such as responses , intuition, timing, multitasking , sniping , backtiming , working under pressure etc.
A lot of the better players I know were thrown in the deep end and came under heavy attack in their first world and fought well from the onset , others like me , have followed guides , got into a cushy tribe and been 'moddly coddled' and never came under attack till pretty late into playing , and not enough to claim to be skilled.
I hope W3 is a great opportunity for the skilled players to show their skills but also at the same time those they fight will be able to learn a lot from fighting them.

<3

DeletedUser

hmm, I think I should clarify some of the stuff I said.

I agree with you all about a player being able to become good through only guides. I consider myself above average. Like pervis said, a "trials by fire" are usually the best learning experiences and W36 was just that for me. I played for the first month of the world (then quit TW... obviously I'm back :lol:). During that time, my co-player and I were nearly the first village rimmed. We pulled off a snipe and backtime on the 3-noble train (packet world) that was sent our way (is it any wonder hoang is being more careful with his target this time :icon_wink:) as well as split a cat train that was sent at us later so I have actually put what I've learned in guides to use.

Now, all of this knowledge and practical experience has made me about a top 100 player imo. I think I have potential to be top 50 at least but guides aren't going to get me there. It is true that every world I play I do better in. Just being exposed to different situations is a learning experience in itself but that is a longer route to becoming a good player than to constantly being around players better than yourself.

@ the Revenants point at being calm: Would you believe that in my year or so of playing I have never asked any of my tribes for support. I've always been confident that I can handle the situation and I've only ever lost one village to an enemy and that was a stupid mistake on my part. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

General logic and intellect is all it takes to be a "good player".

For those who generally lack this guides are there.

DeletedUser

You cant do anything in this game if you are a pure moron. You need to be able to understand and apply that understanding logically.

DeletedUser

So wrong. Let's get bill gates or stephen Hawkins on TW and see how well they fair.

Meh, they'd simply hack into the system and make sure they'd win. XD

You cant do anything in this game if you are a pure moron. You need to be able to understand and apply that understanding logically.

Yes, it helps, and yes all the top players don't talk like pure morons, but that needs to be coupled with at least an ounce of skill in order for you to last even a week.

DeletedUser

So wrong. Let's get bill gates or stephen Hawkins on TW and see how well they fair.
I would hand Hawkins his ass, no-way he could snipe, or back time anyone. And I would bet there are people of equal intelligence to Bill Gates here. How ever this is all for naught, it does not take a genius to be good at this game, its not that hard.

DeletedUser

You didn't say that. Being intelligent doesn't mean your going be good at the game, sure it's one of the biggest factors though.

I would hand Hawkins his ass, no-way he could snipe, or back time anyone. And I would bet there are people of equal intelligence to Bill Gates here. How ever this is all for naught, it does not take a genius to be good at this game, its not that hard.

Lol, you know what I was saying. Just because your intelligent doesn't necessarily mean your going to automatically be good at the game.

DeletedUser

I didnt intend for it to be taken like that, but intelligence is usually present in the best of players.

DeletedUser

I would hand Hawkins his ass, no-way he could snipe, or back time anyone.

He'd have a cyborg-hand implanted to click the mouse with perfect-precision... all timings within a tenth of a second :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

and then he'd be banned, cos isn't there a rule about how fast you can send them? haha

DeletedUser

Hmm, not so long ago I remember Therin and Pervis having this exact same argument about these "start-up whores". My opinion on this matter is that all the people in the top 20 to my knowledge have proved themselves before to be capable long-term players, however it would be nice for people to stay around longer and enjoy the world.

That we did - was very interesting.

DeletedUser

Yep, its a 20th of a second.

Is UK different from .net because the rules for a legal train from the same village is 15th of a second. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not saying timing a nuke then a cat attack perfectly is illegal, because it is legal.

DeletedUser

Is UK different from .net because the rules for a legal train from the same village is 15th of a second. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not saying timing a nuke then a cat attack perfectly is illegal, because it is legal.

A train can't be under 50ms on .uk