Suggestions for future rounds

DeletedUser

This is what the community most likely wants.Also because we do have lives, i put longer week day rounds due to the fact most of us have jobs.

1) No, that isnt what the community wants

2) How does your point even make sense, people work so lets make long rounds every week....you contradict yourself :|

DeletedUser

2) How does your point even make sense, people work so lets make long rounds every week....you contradict yourself :|

Long rounds at a slower speed so you don't have to be on the full amount of time, and can still work during week day. week ends you have the faster round

DeletedUser

This is what the community most likely wants.Also because we do have lives, i put longer week day rounds due to the fact most of us have jobs. Then on weekends you get times during the day that we can play on, at high speeds. I would be happy to be a MOD on some weekend speed rounds, although i am not at that age myself where i can do so. Please give feedback bellow. also the settings are not in full like type of tech system or how you get coins

You speak on behalf of a community which doesn't know who you are? Put your opinion across, but don't conjure up this fictitious support for your already unpopular idea. Clearly many have stated they don't want longer rounds as regular as they are. Speed is about variation & creating rounds which attract players. Having a recurrent set of rounds doesn't encourage people to test the waters or make speed remotely enjoyable

~Will~

DeletedUser

The community most likely wants?
*swears a few times* *A couple more directed at the guy*

Like Will's said, more people ask for short rounds.

I myself would like a 8(?) hour nohauls no raised start round.

Not just a set system of week long rounds.

DeletedUser

So i'm guessing no one here really works then if you can play during the week days non stop. Great :/

DeletedUser

So i'm guessing no one here really works then if you can play during the week days non stop. Great :/

...Hence why we don't want weeklong rounds. Are you broken? It's hard to tell whether your opinions differ between each post or you're just intent on undermining them. Either way, a series of shorter rounds at higher speeds are what we're asking for, specifically so those who work/are in full time education can play them. Try to find some structure to what you're saying and ideally make a point which has some basis rather than just writing these self-defeating posts.

~Will~

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Playing a weeklong round half heartedly wont give you a chance in winning.

It's better having a 4hour round... where you can quickly play.

Rather than be glued to it for 5 days.

DeletedUser

^ What Will and Cadan said.

@Raven - If there was a week long round and you left your account inactive for a full day while you worked, you would be nobled. That's common sense. If you think you wouldn't then you haven't played much speed.

Why people are asking for shorter more frequent rounds is because it gives greater choice and opportunity for people in work and education to play. School kids will be home around 3-4pm and would be able to play an afternoon round as would some people who work morning shifts. People who work late shifts would be able to play the morning rounds.

Plus Dabookman already hit the nail on the head why this is happening. The speed mod doesn't have time to mod properly so is putting long rounds so he doesn't have to do any work once the round is up which is effectively making speed less and less active.

Perhaps there should be 2/3 speed mods to share the work load since it isn't a paid job and would only require training of the individuals.

DeletedUser

^ What Will and Cadan said.

@Raven - If there was a week long round and you left your account inactive for a full day while you worked, you would be nobled. That's common sense. If you think you wouldn't then you haven't played much speed.

Why people are asking for shorter more frequent rounds is because it gives greater choice and opportunity for people in work and education to play. School kids will be home around 3-4pm and would be able to play an afternoon round as would some people who work morning shifts. People who work late shifts would be able to play the morning rounds.

Plus Dabookman already hit the nail on the head why this is happening. The speed mod doesn't have time to mod properly so is putting long rounds so he doesn't have to do any work once the round is up which is effectively making speed less and less active.

Perhaps there should be 2/3 speed mods to share the work load since it isn't a paid job and would only require training of the individuals.

Ahhh ok i see what you mean and where you are coming from. I was just saying that a slow but slightly longer week day round is better if you are working, so you can check back every 20 min instead of 5. And yes i go to school and hate these long rounds when i get home so it gets boring :( and yes i do also play speed when a short round ever gets put up and normally get to the top 10. I prefer no hauls so people who can pay for farm assistant don't get the edge. Sorry for the misunderstanding

regards,
Raven

DeletedUser

In other news there is now a good and short round that we can all play :)

[h=3]#967 6 Hours Fast[/h]
Start:Thursday, 18/04/13 19:00
End:Friday, 19/04/13 01:00
Description:Caution: The farm limit is active. Per farm level, 1000 units are supported.

• Increased starting build: Level 15 HQ, Level 15 Farm, Level 15 Warehouse, Level 10 Barracks, Level 10 Smithy, Level 20 Timber camp, Level 20 Clay pit, Level 20 Iron mine, Level 10 Market, Level 5 Stable, Level 5 Wall.
  • 15 minutes beginner protection.
  • No paladin
  • No archers.
  • Simple tech smithy.
  • Barbs and advanced bonus villages grow to 1000 points.
  • Coin academy.
  • 2-member tribe limit. No attacking tribemates. No leaving tribe. No outside support.
  • Ability to choose starting direction.
  • Militia active to maximum 2 villages. Duration 1.0 hours.
Player limit:100
Requirements for victory:Top player receives 100 premium points

Speed:400
Unit speed:0.8
Sleep mode:No
Account sitting:Yes
Morale:Yes
Building queue:Yes

DeletedUser

Ahhh ok i see what you mean and where you are coming from. I was just saying that a slow but slightly longer week day round is better if you are working, so you can check back every 20 min instead of 5. And yes i go to school and hate these long rounds when i get home so it gets boring :( and yes i do also play speed when a short round ever gets put up and normally get to the top 10. I prefer no hauls so people who can pay for farm assistant don't get the edge. Sorry for the misunderstanding

regards,
Raven

I also see your point, but i don't know many people that could work AND check speed every 20 minutes. Even if that was a possibility it would be impossible to remain a competitor in the round and you would be either cleared or nobled while you are away.

Also if you want any advice feel free to skype me.

You wont get much sense out of the forum 90% of the time.

DeletedUser

I also see your point, but i don't know many people that could work AND check speed every 20 minutes. Even if that was a possibility it would be impossible to remain a competitor in the round and you would be either cleared or nobled while you are away.

Also if you want any advice feel free to skype me.

You wont get much sense out of the forum 90% of the time.

Ok thanks. You playing tonight?

DeletedUser269

No player will have them figures, but the number hasn't dropped.

DeletedUser

I haven't ever played .uk speed, so I don't know what number hasn't changed, lol.

Did .net's removal of speed rounds have a positive impact on .uk speed?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think it did really. I think only a couple moved over, that is it. Please correct me if i am wrong.