This game is bad.

DeletedUser

This whole thread is a joke, tw is a brilliant game for people who can work as a team, not really for individuals lookin for some kind of platform.

DeletedUser12084

Only thing that I find really annoying and I know a lot of new players say this, is the luck component. Such as how a noble drops the loyalty at different rates and loosing a lot more troops because you get around the negative 20% luck in fights.

When I try to get people to have a go at the game they just say there is too much luck involved.

I've also had some mates say there is limited skill about the game, more like the better players have more time to sit playing the game, which is kinda true thinking about it, but that's where speed rounds come in to play.

DeletedUser

Meh, luck is just part of the game, the point is simple, things do not always go as planned.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I like luck.. though I plan for bad luck so I'm always lucky...

though I understand why some say luck is crap...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
There is an option for villages to be removed after a player restarts .

No there isn't.

There's an option for villages belonging to players that restart during their BP to disappear.

Villages never disappar when someone outside of BP restarts.

The OP is clearly smoking some really good grass.

By which time he has a level 20 wall, a high level farm and actual non-free troops. I can't outfarm him exponentially because 2 of my main farms were deleted, 1 is unattackable and the other 2 are doing this.

Going to learn to play and quit making excuses?

Please?

You don't need to have large farms to outfarm someone exponentially. In fact having large farms is usually a good reason for being unable to do so, because the #1 way of acquiring large farms is also the #1 way of losing your troops. Though I think if you've been playing since at least 2009 and haven't figured that out by now then you never really had any hope of amounting to anything anyway because to succeed in this game requires logic and critical thinking ability, which are traits that you clearly do not seem to possess.

There's no need to ever clear large players to make them be farms. Barb villages make plenty good farms.

As for luck - it's next to nonexistent. Only the poor players think luck plays a large part. That's because losers never want to acknowledge their mistakes and would rather blame luck since they don't feel they can be blamed for being unlucky, whereas they can certainly be blamed for being stupid.

It's just like real life actually. Some of us sit back and bemoan society because others have more than us. Others realize the reason they have more is because they didn't sit around and blame luck, the reason they got what they wanted is because they took what they wanted. Want something? Take it. It's not going to be handed to you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9006

No there isn't.

There's an option for villages belonging to players that restart during their BP to disappear.

Yes there is the option, you are just being more specific. The point was a reply to an accusation that the moderators deleted them.

DeletedUser

As for luck - it's next to nonexistent. Only the poor players think luck plays a large part. That's because losers never want to acknowledge their mistakes and would rather blame luck since they don't feel they can be blamed for being unlucky, whereas they can certainly be blamed for being stupid.

It's just like real life actually. Some of us sit back and bemoan society because others have more than us. Others realize the reason they have more is because they didn't sit around and blame luck, the reason they got what they wanted is because they took what they wanted. Want something? Take it. It's not going to be handed to you.

To be fair sometimes when you get like 3 -25% on nukes, lose a lot more troops than you had to and loyalty only drops to like 10 it's pretty annoying, but is part of the game none the less and wouldn't change it. Normally evens anyway.

True to some part about society, but is not like some aren't born in a better situation, would be nice if we were all born equal and then we were defined by what we went and achieved but that isn't really life tbf. Sitting about and thinking isn't this unlucky won't change anything though, no.

Btw Hiatus I wouldn't say you were hopeless or anything, just sometimes things seem obvious when they aren't necessarily true and it takes a while to think about it, or rather not thinking about anything and then when you come back what is the better strategy can sometimes be really obvious and you wonder what you were doing before. Hell I have probably improved more by quitting TW then coming back a year later than ever through playing :icon_razz:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
True to some part about society, but is not like some aren't born in a better situation, would be nice if we were all born equal and then we were defined by what we went and achieved but that isn't really life tbf. Sitting about and thinking isn't this unlucky won't change anything though, no.

That's not the point.

The point is you don't need to start off well to do to end off well to do.

Same as you don't need to start in a great area (or even a decent one for that matter) to do well on TW.

DeletedUser

I was just retorting to the "people have more because they went and got it" part of your comment, which isn't always true.

I agree with your attitude of "go and get it" anyway, so this is all a bit moot.

DeletedUser

No there isn't.

The OP is clearly smoking some really good grass.

Going to learn to play and quit making excuses?

Please?

You don't need to have large farms to outfarm someone exponentially. In fact having large farms is usually a good reason for being unable to do so, because the #1 way of acquiring large farms is also the #1 way of losing your troops. Though I think if you've been playing since at least 2009 and haven't figured that out by now then you never really had any hope of amounting to anything anyway because to succeed in this game requires logic and critical thinking ability, which are traits that you clearly do not seem to possess.

There's no need to ever clear large players to make them be farms. Barb villages make plenty good farms.

A collection of invalid arguments. The villages disappeared after I had cleared them. Ergo, they were out of beginner protection. This is not something I have made up, this is simply what happened. Their names showed up on reports prior to the disappearances as 'Name (deleted)'.

I have already acknowledged that I could have continued to play and outfarmed them well enough with only barbarians. I have, however, stated that it's dull for their to be no incentive to fight other players in the early stages of the game - in fact there are many deterrents. I like your solution: essentially 'keep farming little barbs'. It's somewhat like life I suppose; some of us will sit around repetitively clicking on villages and those of us with the talent to succeed in other areas will abandon the senseless clicking and use our time more productively.

Really though I do envy the way you took what you wanted. That tribal wars rank was certainly worth the years invested.

Well done ignoring everything I actually said and burning your own straw men. Really demonstrates your logic and critical thinking ability (you dimwit). Also if luck has a swing of about 30LC in exchange for free units in relatively early stages of the game, I'd say it's relevant and adds nothing to the game. The only thing it does is force you to outgrow your opponents even further before taking action against them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like how your argument boiled down to 'your stupid and can only click buttons'

DeletedUser

I like how your argument boiled down to 'your stupid and can only click buttons'

I like how you like my argument. But that was was more like an observation on the side. My actual point is that the game is needlessly dull because the focus for the first couple of months involves no PvP and if you do engage in PvP you get punished for it in numerous, pointless ways. And the response of everyone thus far has been: you should click more barbarian villages.

Yes, thankyou guys.

DeletedUser

You can make this as PvP as you want, as you have, but at the end of the day for growth fighting active players is always going to be harder than just looting barbs, as it would be harder to attack you than the barb next to you. People will still attack you or you can attack them, but you would be better off leaving them to grow and nobling them when they are decent noble targets, especially on church worlds. I'm not saying never attack anything but barbs, but tactically for your growth early on barbs and inactives are the best targets to farm.

This game is strategy based, so just because you can attack other players after 5 days or w/e doesn't mean you should as has been mentioned above. You can if you want, but I don't see why players should be forced to roll over after they've been cleared, which is your annoyance at them. Nobling players is advantageous to nobling barbs as you have ready groomed vils, so PvP is encouraged...

DeletedUser9598

My actual point is that the game is needlessly dull because the focus for the first couple of months involves no PvP and if you do engage in PvP you get punished for it in numerous, pointless ways.

Anyone decent can have there second vil within 3 weeks of starting a new world, after that your in a position to fight absolutely anyone you like. The only reason YOU cant have a PvP fight for a few months is simply because you suck and dont know how to farm or want to farm.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Their names showed up on reports prior to the disappearances as 'Name (deleted)'.

That's how the reports always appear for players that turned barb.

Hiatus said:
It's somewhat like life I suppose; some of us will sit around repetitively clicking on villages and those of us with the talent to succeed in other areas will abandon the senseless clicking and use our time more productively.

I'm quite sure TribalWars isn't the only aspect of life in which I am more successful than you. I'm not successful in TW because of time invested in TW. I am successful in TW because I am more mathematically inclined and better at logical problem solving than most players. It's a cause and affect - the same traits that have made me successful in the real world have also led to my ingame success.

Hiatus said:
Really though I do envy the way you took what you wanted. That tribal wars rank was certainly worth the years invested.

I agree, my high-paying job was worth the time invested in becoming good at math and critical problem solving. Oh, you meant my success in TW? That's just a side effect.

Hiatus said:
Well done ignoring everything I actually said and burning your own straw men. Really demonstrates your logic and critical thinking ability (you dimwit). Also if luck has a swing of about 30LC in exchange for free units in relatively early stages of the game, I'd say it's relevant and adds nothing to the game. The only thing it does is force you to outgrow your opponents even further before taking action against them.

There was no strawman. The one with no critical thinking ability is you.

You performed poorly, and then rather than try and improve, you blamed the game.

Since you clearly think the game sucks.

Leave.

Stop wasting your time at something you'll never be good at.

The rat hole you crawled out of is that way ----->

DeletedUser

I may have missed this being said, so apologies if I did, but the deleted villages are due to something to do with a player who joined by another inviting them into an area, then goes inactive before conquering a second village...

Thank you for contacting us. v8.12 introduced a new feature to the game; a player could invite a friend to join close by, so that they could conquer their area together. Players cannot, however, "invite barbs" to be next to their villages... only real players.

If the account was registered from an invite-close-by-link and never conquered a new village for itself, no barb will remain behind when it goes inactive.

Now to me that was the only part of your first post that was actually worthwhile posting. I really hate to jump on the "bandwagon", but I can't stand the way people get a couple of hiccups and either delete or publicly try to cause havoc.

You should learn from this experience, things which have already been pointed out to you....such as
1. Don't try to clear a player until your losses are tiny.
2. Ideally wait until you have cats before trying to make farms. It can be far too costly trying to make a stubborn player quit without cats. Really not worth the risk imo.

This is a game....a game never goes perfectly. Every single player has had varying degrees of mishaps and problems. In this game, it beautifully comes in many many forms, and often can really upset your game, especially early on.

The thing about it it, it tends to weave into everyone's game at some stage, and to ragequit over it is fairly poor maturity level in my opinion.

It's somewhat akin to the players complaining that their looter/plunder would be higher, but they had rotten luck with an attack, or absolutely couldn't get online for 2 hours to farm - only for this they would be number one for looting. Everyone has lost troops, everyone has issues logging in.

It's a game, and everyone has highs and lows, everyone has setbacks, everyone gets stuck not being able to login for a time period here/there. I've been rimmed on two worlds and have managed to rise to rank 2 and rank 3 afterwards on those worlds after 4-6 months ( ish). Thick-wit, humiliation and revenge are very powerful motivators.

As has been said before, if when faced with some setbacks, your reaction is to leave the game, then this game really isn't for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I may have missed this being said, so apologies if I did, but the deleted villages are due to something to do with a player who joined by another inviting them into an area, then goes inactive before conquering a second village...

Thank you for contacting us. v8.12 introduced a new feature to the game; a player could invite a friend to join close by, so that they could conquer their area together. Players cannot, however, "invite barbs" to be next to their villages... only real players.

If the account was registered from an invite-close-by-link and never conquered a new village for itself, no barb will remain behind when it goes inactive.

Now to me that was the only part of your first post that was actually worthwhile posting. I really hate to jump on the "bandwagon", but I can't stand the way people get a couple of hiccups and either delete or publicly try to cause havoc.

You should learn from this experience, things which have already been pointed out to you....such as
1. Don't try to clear a player until your losses are tiny.
2. Ideally wait until you have cats before trying to make farms. It can be far too costly trying to make a stubborn player quit without cats. Really not worth the risk imo.

This is a game....a game never goes perfectly. Every single player has had varying degrees of mishaps and problems. In this game, it beautifully comes in many many forms, and often can really upset your game, especially early on.

The thing about it it, it tends to weave into everyone's game at some stage, and to ragequit over it is fairly poor maturity level in my opinion.

It's somewhat akin to the players complaining that their looter/plunder would be higher, but they had rotten luck with an attack, or absolutely couldn't get online for 2 hours to farm - only for this they would be number one for looting. Everyone has lost troops, everyone has issues logging in.

It's a game, and everyone has highs and lows, everyone has setbacks, everyone gets stuck not being able to login for a time period here/there. I've been rimmed on two worlds and have managed to rise to rank 2 and rank 3 afterwards on those worlds after 4-6 months ( ish). Thick-wit, humiliation and revenge are very powerful motivators.

As has been said before, if when faced with some setbacks, your reaction is to leave the game, then this game really isn't for you.

Thankyou. A nice reasonable explanation for why my farms were disappearing, at last. It was just bad luck that 2 of the bigger villas in my area got deleted and another got banned apparently. You can probably understand that that, accompanied by a spree of bad luck with militia, was enough to put me off focusing on the game. What I felt was a good start was impaired by circumstances beyond my control and then stubborn people with their free troops button. I am actually a relatively inexperienced player and have only played two worlds actively. If I play again in future I will know to be more cautious and calculating about clearing players early.

If I'm doing something for fun and there are setbacks based not on skill but - plain and simple - luck, then I will stop having fun. And if I'm doing something for fun and it turns out it's no fun, I will stop doing it.

That's how the reports always appear for players that turned barb.

I'm quite sure TribalWars isn't the only aspect of life in which I am more successful than you. I'm not successful in TW because of time invested in TW. I am successful in TW because I am more mathematically inclined and better at logical problem solving than most players. It's a cause and affect - the same traits that have made me successful in the real world have also led to my ingame success.

I agree, my high-paying job was worth the time invested in becoming good at math and critical problem solving. Oh, you meant my success in TW? That's just a side effect.

There was no strawman. The one with no critical thinking ability is you.

You performed poorly, and then rather than try and improve, you blamed the game.

Since you clearly think the game sucks.

Leave.

Stop wasting your time at something you'll never be good at.

The rat hole you crawled out of is that way ----->

Bring in your unverifiable well payed job and mathematical genius as though it's in any way relevant. Your assumptions about my life are just assumptions. In actuality it's highly unlikely that your critical thinking skills are anywhere near approaching mine. Intelligence plays a part in this game, but the only lead you have on me is experience and all that requires is time investment. Time spent on Tribal Wars is time not spent on something else. Fact.

A straw man argument is where you attack an argument that was never made in the first place and claim it as a victory. That's what you were doing. If I'm going to argue with somebody I expect them to at least have the candour to accept when they're talking nonsense. And the awareness to say something worthwhile to the discussion. If you just want a battle of egos then it's a plain waste of time because you've lost before it's begun.

DeletedUser11971

sits down in comfy seat (after handing out drinks and nibbles) and awaits reply!

Nauzhror

Reaction score
A straw man argument is where you attack an argument that was never made in the first place and claim it as a victory. That's what you were doing. If I'm going to argue with somebody I expect them to at least have the candour to accept when they're talking nonsense. And the awareness to say something worthwhile to the discussion. If you just want a battle of egos then it's a plain waste of time because you've lost before it's begun.

I'm well aware of what a straw man argument is.

It's certainly not what I was doing however.

It's cute that you'd claim so though because your own posts are absolutely packed to the brim wit ad-hominem attacks. I expect that when you fill your own arguments with so many logical fallacies that it is only natural to envision them being in everyone else's arguments as well.

You're claiming real-world success isn't relevant, yet you were the one to initially state:

Hiatus said:
It's somewhat like life I suppose; some of us will sit around repetitively clicking on villages and those of us with the talent to succeed in other areas will abandon the senseless clicking and use our time more productively.
as well as:

Hiatus said:

Your implication was clear: I am successful in TW because I put more time and effort into it than I have into the rest of my life.

That's not the case. Most of this games top players come from mathematical or computer science backgrounds, the reason is obvious, people from such backgrounds use the same skill set in their daily life as they do ingame.

You don't get to sling mud and then scream about relevancy when someone washes the mud off.

You claimed the game is bad because you're bad at it. If you truly felt the game was as bad as you're claiming it is you'd have left by now as I previously suggested. Don't let us waste your obviously precious time.

Last edited: