Votes: 10 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnKnown

Reaction score
Can you tell me this, if I am in a tribe before startup, will the tribe members spawn together or will it be random meaning there’s no point in joining a tribe until after spawn?

Womd

Reaction score
This will kill the game mate, absolutely must be Sending setting until you implement my Tribe leaving cooldown suggestion. Can't be having people organising support to land and people swapping tribes in time to be fully stacked will turn even more players off the game than already mate.

-Jim

It's a setting that is more about having support arrive straight after your noble train to avoid an easy recap.

jaguarr

Reaction score
It's a setting that is more about having support arrive straight after your noble train to avoid an easy recap.
Yes but its a setting that also allows jumpers to receive support 1 minute after they jump, I would rather play recap wars than having people jump tribes and get stacked instantly.

Womd

Reaction score
Yes but its a setting that also allows jumpers to receive support 1 minute after they jump, I would rather play recap wars than having people jump tribes and get stacked instantly.

what's to stop them jumping and getting stacked anyway? what advantage do they have staying tribeless or in a weaker tribe whilst support is en route and only jumping when it's 1 minute away?

Curpheyy

Reaction score
We really need to stop using the milestone world, the one non-pp world we'll have for ages, as a guinea pig for new settings in my opinion. If we do, we need to think of the consequences and I don't think this would be a good setting to have on any world, let alone a random spawn world where friends will happily jump tribes to play with each other.

what advantage do they have staying tribeless or in a weaker tribe whilst support is en route and only jumping when it's 1 minute away?

I believe the answer to this question is quite obvious. How isn't getting support as soon as you join an advantage over having to wait?

If someone jumped from your tribe to an enemy's, they can have their villages completely stacked by backline players in their new tribe before you even notice they've left. Now, imagine the player in question not only has villages right on your frontline but scattered inside your tribe's core. In an instant, the enemy now has vills literally inside you which are completely stacked. Imagine how much damage a half-decent player could do in that situation.

If we didn't have this arrival setting on, it would be significantly more challenging, impossible in a lot of cases, to get defence to these core vills before your tribe can nuke and noble them. Frontline vills will also have to be stacked with frontline def, spreading the enemy tribe very thin in the short term.

In short, this new setting makes it significantly easier for players to jump tribes without any repercussions, to the point where there's not really any punishment at all. Aren't we supposed to be discouraging that?

Last edited:

Curpheyy

Reaction score
Is this the world you want to use to see how a bunch of different settings work? Do you not think the cons of this setting outweigh the pros? Yes, we can time some support to prevent recaps, but we're also removing any negative consequence for someone tribe jumping. Recaps can be frustrating, especially when you're not in the position to recap it back, but I think people are definitely overreacting about how bad recap wars are. Allowing people to get support as soon as they join a tribe can completely ruin a world.

This isn't directed as you, SSS, but if we're going to keep introducing settings like random spawns and this arrival shit, people need to stop crying about tribe jumping. All we're doing here is either encouraging it, in the case of random spawns, and making it so much easier to do with this arrival setting. I literally do not want to hear one complaint from anyone who has supported either of these settings when they've been fucked over by a tribe jumper.

Deleted User - 232559

Cant relay how unnerved i am typing with a tribal jumper in my peripheral vision *shudders*

@Cheaterkadze, aye ok's the word haha, not bad dab, thanks for finding the proverbial balance

on the arrival thingy support gooly do dad..

if you combined arrival with cannot receive troops from outside of tribe for xx hours, you get a very specific recap blocking support allowed, but family abuse proof setting, which imo should be utilised as a standard setting every world, why would you ever promote boring recap wars, assuming you can cover the family tribe abuse i think the arrival setting would be a huuuge improvement.
that said recap wars shouldn't be half as mind numbing when bad players cant purchase a way out of their inefficient plays. im also down for a packets revival if you really wanna stick it to em ;)

The real answer to ridding tw of the bs is people play to a higher standard, how many wars are won though coy diplomacy and turncoats being given a place in a already superior tribe?

if the community collectively decided to put scumbags to the sword, there'd surely be far less scumbags no?

SWDXB

Reaction score
if the community collectively decided to put scumbags to the sword, there'd surely be far less scumbags no?

unfortunately too many are happy to play with those who have questionable morals as long as it grants them a badge. for some, the only way is to cheat/use others as they lack the skills to merit a win.

players have no staying power anymore and think they deserve a medal and a parade for defending one op, being shady is the easy option when they need validation quickly.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
D1.. are you hiding or waiting to join so you can rim farm (as we all know it's easier...)

After all the whinging the ones that pre-registered in pre-made tribes seem to be reasonably close to each other...

Almost feel sorry for the poor fools rammed in the core with no barbs.. wishing they had a 'relocate'...

As with every world.. everyone with more points than me has spent more PP than me... the reasons I've got so few points is that I'm PP and flag farming...

Reaction score
Twas just curious can hear the issues but best way to find out if something that changes strat is good or bad is just having a trial with it. Might actually work into your favour, doesn't matter if it's this new setting something will always not go.in your favour... So no arrival setting this world now?

Status
Not open for further replies.