Is resistance futile?

DeletedUser

6094254492_d8b198748c.jpg

Caldwellowl

DeletedUser

Ah, google images, quality stuff....

Shall we make another thread about whether Rob is or isn't a troll or?

DeletedUser

Shoop%20da%20whoop%20meme.jpg

Can we have a debate on such a subject?

Cald

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Cald.... I'm not that good looking...

I'll type slowly so you can understand I SUCK AT THIS GAME.... which to me, makes it even more strange that no-one attacks me... ok one player did, but that was so long ago I've forgotten... but please, do let me know where I've ever said that I'm "uber" and everyone else is nubs?!!? The only nub round here is me...

Also, which bit of, I WANT TO BE A TARGET, are you struggling with?...

Please, for the love of cookies... someone attack me!!!!!!!!

I yes I agree with you Cald, everyone that has internalled a player should hit delete.. you start...

And please.. do disregard my opinion.. even I don't take my self seriously or believe anything I post...

But anyway.. haven't you got an OP to be planning?!!?

If sparks or anyone really wants to shut me up.. just send some attack and give me something else to do than troll on this forum all day...

P.s. http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?p=338942#post338942

Last edited:

DeletedUser

We've always got an OP to plan, isn't that what this game is about?

Or is it about full stops.....because.....sometimes....I put full stops.... to make it look like i'm thinking....

Caldwellowl

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
That's why you not Pro.. the game is about internalling and munching inactives.. the occasional barb thrown in is also good...

The reasons I'm not pro have been discussed before, just in case you think I'm claiming to be pro.. I SUCK.. remember?!!?

Cool, I put full stops.... coz I've got a stutter...

DeletedUser

We've always got an OP to plan, isn't that what this game is about?

Or is it about full stops.....because.....sometimes....I put full stops.... to make it look like i'm thinking....

Caldwellowl

Nawww mate. All about the google images.

baby_chicks.jpg

men-at-work.png

google_bet.png

DeletedUser5582

are we not wandering a little bit off topic here?!

I can move the later posts of this thread to a new one in the tavern where you can discuss who will attack Rob first or we can start a new thread where you can discuss who will attack Rob first and stop taking this one off topic!

BT can you please find a picture of who will attack Rob first and go post in the tavern not here!

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Sorry Jo.. you know your my favorite Mod...

I remember the good old days when you would of made sure I could send 5 attacks in a second... :)

The title of the thread is "Is resistance futile"... i think it's only been derailed to the point where the title should be "is resistance "against attacking Trebor Mints" futile".. :)

\gets his coat...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

After the initial clearing of much of his villages what did you expect me to, conjure magic with nothing? I did what I can. Points are nothing without troops, so losing 35k wasn't bad considering I could've lost a lot more, though I'm always disappointed to lose a village so was sad to see so many go...

CaldwellOwl Rob has never claimed to be a good player... I don't understand why you are saying he is pretending to be uber or w/e, he's calling sparks out and getting nothing, not that if I was sparks I'd attack him, would probably lose a lot of troops...

At what point, do you stop complaining and making excuses and do something ?
Honestly, whatever way you try and paint it, you're tribe is getting its ass kicked.
When do you do something about that ?

At least there is some debate going on the forums now, personally I'll take stats over any talk anyday and from my position its simple:

1. KTHX are getting beaten, heavily, war stands at 36-2 in RESIST's favour.
2. Of Trebor Mints last 10 noblements only 5 were enemy villa's, the rest were Barbs or internals.
3. Of Sparks last 10 noblements, all ten were enemy villa's.
4. Trebor Mints has changed tribes 8 times, whereas sparks has changed only 5 times (two of those were in re-joining KTHX)
5. Business Time has not nobled a village since the 16th September, over two weeks ago.
6. The Clyde has been steadily nobling KTHX's villages and despite one noble back, it was retaken. Therefore if the argument that The Clyde's noble technique is sloppy it doesn't say a lot for the quality of defence he's coming up against.

I don't particularly care who wins what battles where, but I do prefer to stick to stats when discussing who is getting whose arse handed to them.

All the best.

Caldwellowl

So . . . . Like . .

Anybody actually going to respond to all of that?
Or do we take that as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ?

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Go on then.. I'll do it...

1. I haven't checked but I'm sure he has got the stats right...
2. I've not nobled an "enemy" village... every village I've nobled was either a barb, an internal, an inactive, or someone that just happened to be unlucky enough to have a nice village close by without enough D...
3. Sure I said that classing inactives as "enemy" villages seems a bit of a stretch to me and nobling "enemies" considerably smaller than you when there are bigger enemy targets that are being ignored doesn't seem impressive...
4. Not sure what how often someone has changed tribes has to do with it?
5. Pretty sure BT responded to that one...
6. as above...

Though to be honest, you can take it anyway you want... and who says nothing is being done about it?...

DeletedUser

So you who are not involved in the war, and apparently not involved in any war during any point of the server want sparky who is fighting a war and winning it handily to divert her attention to you ?

Errrr, I'm sorry but when the times comes when you learn how to fight a war, you'll learn about something called prioritizing targets. There are people more important to noble than you. You're a nobody to her.

On a second level, everybody in the history of every language and national variant of tw thats been losing a war has kept claiming that the villages nobled off of them were inactive or in a bad position or that the players nobled were smaller.

Get over it, its not a valid excuse, even if it is your only one.

KTHX is a poor tribe if it permits inactive accounts to sit around in it. Its an even poorer tribe if it lets those inactive accounts be nobled and still keeps them in the tribe. Couple this with sparky giving me a detailed breakdown on the tribe's failings prior to her leaving. Couple this with the fact that players smaller than sparky should still be defending (and trust me, neither her nor Resist is having a very difficult time of handing KTHX its ass on a plate). And what we have here is the fact that KTHX is a poor tribe thats losing the war, making lame excuses for losing the war and doing absolutely nothing about the fact that they're losing the war.

Errm the BT response to the last two points were not in my opinion, worth a ball of wet twine. He "has his reasons for not nobling in two weeks" (read inactive duke of a losing tribe contemplating exit . . . and as for Clyde nobling KTHX left and right and KTHX members trying to make fun of him for having a sloppy train when their tribe has basically been his doormat or spittoon being hypoocrites, I think BT basically admitted to it.

So what I can see is, theres no real disproving of anything Cald said.

DeletedUser9748

The point of this thread is that there is no longer a point. Sparkles created RESIST to fight back KTHX and it's merging to push win conditions. Don't know if it's her fault or not, but she succeeded and KTHX was pushed in the back several places and lost some members. So resistance was not futile, the point is what do they do now? In this slow and boring world, everybody is nobling inactives and smaller players. Is Sparkles willing to keep resisting to whoever decides to "rule" uk9? Or she just wants to take top spot and sit there and enjoy the view?

DeletedUser117

The point of this thread is that there is no longer a point. Sparkles created RESIST to fight back KTHX and it's merging to push win conditions. Don't know if it's her fault or not, but she succeeded and KTHX was pushed in the back several places and lost some members. So resistance was not futile, the point is what do they do now? In this slow and boring world, everybody is nobling inactives and smaller players. Is Sparkles willing to keep resisting to whoever decides to "rule" uk9? Or she just wants to take top spot and sit there and enjoy the view?

Fact is we are in a war, whilst it's a bit one-sided at the moment, I am hoping someone actually puts up a fight soon. Which is more than I can say about every other top 10 tribe at the moment, comeon ppls it's tribal wars not hugs, maybe a few others can put some wars and PnP together to liven up this place :p

DeletedUser

KTHX is a poor tribe if it permits inactive accounts to sit around in it. Its an even poorer tribe if it lets those inactive accounts be nobled and still keeps them in the tribe. Couple this with sparky giving me a detailed breakdown on the tribe's failings prior to her leaving. Couple this with the fact that players smaller than sparky should still be defending (and trust me, neither her nor Resist is having a very difficult time of handing KTHX its ass on a plate). And what we have here is the fact that KTHX is a poor tribe thats losing the war, making lame excuses for losing the war and doing absolutely nothing about the fact that they're losing the war.

Errm the BT response to the last two points were not in my opinion, worth a ball of wet twine. He "has his reasons for not nobling in two weeks" (read inactive duke of a losing tribe contemplating exit . . . and as for Clyde nobling KTHX left and right and KTHX members trying to make fun of him for having a sloppy train when their tribe has basically been his doormat or spittoon being hypoocrites, I think BT basically admitted to it.

Really Pervis? I mean, that's like saying someone is good at fighting, because they just beat up someone that is in a coma. I mean seriously, the account Clyde was nobling off of, was well, not even played. BT was sitting it and doing a bit here and there. The account was rank 1 for weeks WITHOUT farming, without anything. I think that says more about UK9 than everything else.

And about KTHX, what do you want BT to do. Sparky demolished the tribe when she split it up. RESIST's accomplishments can be equated to a grain of salt. All of this BS and sucking up about Resist "owning" KTHX is ridiculous. It's a dead tribe held together by BT and others just wanting to chill on the world honestly.

Ballerond, Sparks, and many others are here because of KTHX's actions. Clyde wouldn't have an account to come back too if thoughts would've been drawn elsewhere. So wherever you place KTHX at, everything else in UK9 is inevitably below that "benchmark" or "poorness".

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
So you who are not involved in the war, and apparently not involved in any war during any point of the server want sparky who is fighting a war and winning it handily to divert her attention to you ?

Errrr, I'm sorry but when the times comes when you learn how to fight a war, you'll learn about something called prioritizing targets. There are people more important to noble than you. You're a nobody to her.

On a second level, everybody in the history of every language and national variant of tw thats been losing a war has kept claiming that the villages nobled off of them were inactive or in a bad position or that the players nobled were smaller.

Get over it, its not a valid excuse, even if it is your only one.

Hi Pervie, I'm Rob.. nice to meet you.. are you actually playing W9? If not there are plenty of accounts that need a good player or co-player within most tribes...

Who am I, you ask.. me, I'm Rob.. sorry if I start repeating myself... Do I want sparks to divert her attention to me, ohh yes please I do... I'm bored, maybe because I'm not in KTHX or RESIST so are therefore not part of "the war".... so yep, I'm just insignificant and annoying.. but then, someone as insignificant as me you would think wouldn't require the threats directly to me, to other tribes, to my own tribe that sparks has happily dished out... I just like people that don't just threaten, but actually do something about it...

I'm not sure where you've read that KTHX has ever had or does have inactive accounts in it well not since the war started anyway.. and I'm not sure where you've read anyone saying that any noblements against KTHX have been against inactive players (apart from what cory just posted above while I was typing..)... the inactives that sparks has recently munched on can clearly be seen here: http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk9/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=415768

Taking just the last noblement, a player that last added a point on the 3rd September.. now I'm just a loud mouthed idiot noob that knows nothing about war so if you can explain how that noblement and sparks previous 3 noblements are priorities within a war with KTHX I will appreciate the learning experience...

As for the war with KTHX, the stats speak for themselves.. obviously a very good start for RESIST and I for one congratulate them... but I'm sure even the most skeptical can see that KTHX isn't dead, isn't disbanded and therefore the war isn't yet won... I remember something called WW2 when one side started strongly taking many a victory, Poland and France for example.. but prioritising the wrong targets at the wrong times for example Russia in Winter and bombing cities not airfields cost them dearly and they ultimately lost...

I'm not stupid enough to take this game so seriously that a comparison to a real war is anything more than an example of people getting carried away with early victories and thinking that means they have won.. and I hope no one would ever think I would compare Sparks to Hitler as that clearly isn't the case...

So again, I would love you to share you undoubted experience, knowledge and skill with us all and explain to us mere little boy noob why attacking Lunchbox a player that had maximum points of 6.5K rather than attacking a player like William Barnett I who currently has 84K, is currently 5th in the growth ranks for W9, is farming consistently more than any other player on W9 (I'm sure he builds some troops with those res but I'm only guessing) and is in fact closer to sparks villages than Lunchbox (though I might be wrong I'm just too lazy to look at the map)...

Again I'm just a little boy noob with no experience of war so it be no surprise to me that I'd make the mistake of thinking that taking out a player that is growing faster, building troops faster and is closer to me, first, would be more of a priority than taking out a player that was growing slower, hardly built any troops and is further away from me.... surely the longer you leave these fast growing farming monster the more of a threat they become and the harder they become to take out?!!?

Please Pervie, help me out on this one.. I'm dumb and confused?!!?

Now again, to me it seems you are showing your lack of research before posting.. if I was you I'd sack your researcher... Sparks was the first to criticise a player, me, for not sending 5 attacks in one second.. I'm pretty sure that BT simply pointed out that sparks should really ensure that her own tribe meets her standards before criticising others... I'm sure I've read somewhere about that being good leadership.. but hey ho...

How you know BT is doing "absolutely nothing" about KTHX having their arse handed to them is a mystery to me... I don't want to sound like a fan boy but I'm pretty sure he is doing many things both within his tribe and behind the scence in general... I know for a fact Cory wouldn't of put him as Duke when he had to leave due to work commitments if Cory didn't think that he could and that he is doing a good job... You can obviously start a new thread to discuss your view on Cory's ability to lead a tribe...

So in summary...

I think A) you should check your facts before posting them as "truth" and B) Sack your researcher...

I would love sparks to attack me and show the world just how much of a little boy noob I am... rather than munching on inactives that anyone has yet to explain why they are a priority in the war with KTHX or even have anything to do with the war with KTHX... I'm pretty sure that I've got more to do with the war than a player that was inactive for 3 weeks before sparks nobled them... but I guess I'm wrong... and then when sparks does attack me she will actually be following up all her threats to do just that, and attack me, rather than just making an annoying noise...

And the war between KTHX and RESIST is far from over, early gains don't equal victory, in the real world, in this silly game, or on this world..

Last edited:

DeletedUser9701

Come'on,

Really Pervis? I mean, that's like saying someone is good at fighting, because they just beat up someone that is in a coma. I mean seriously, the account Clyde was nobling off of, was well, not even played. BT was sitting it and doing a bit here and there

BT had sitting the whole time, and you are still around enough to post your dribble on here, yet I am the bum for nobling some helpless account where the owner and the sitter couldn't give two hoots to do anything. Lets be frank not all of the villages i have taken in this war were inactive like your account either.

The account was rank 1 for weeks WITHOUT farming, without anything. I think that says more about UK9 than everything else.
All it says is that Myself Sparks and the other members of RESIST put taking out active targets before moving on to the dead weight that offered No threat.

And about KTHX, what do you want BT to do. Sparky demolished the tribe when she split it up. RESIST's accomplishments can be equated to a grain of salt. All of this BS and sucking up about Resist "owning" KTHX is ridiculous. It's a dead tribe held together by BT and others just wanting to chill on the world honestly.

There were still a large number of members at that time when a small few of us split. Then the next merger bringing the tribe back into the top 5, where they again got owned which is where the majority of my nobles off kthx come from. Those players were active and did actually try to defend, snipe and counter. But ultimately lost becuase they didnt have the troops nor the tribal support. HTLA had more than enough D to support the tribe and kill all my O but BT did nothing with the sit.

Bella got rimmed whilst in Kthx or are we forgetting about that too

Ballerond, Sparks, and many others are here because of KTHX's actions. Clyde wouldn't have an account to come back too if thoughts would've been drawn elsewhere.
And none of us would have been alive now in this form if ashton kutcher hadn't touched those butterfly wings or whatever. Keep on tokin bro

DeletedUser

Really Pervis? I mean, that's like saying someone is good at fighting, because they just beat up someone that is in a coma. I mean seriously, the account Clyde was nobling off of, was well, not even played. BT was sitting it and doing a bit here and there. The account was rank 1 for weeks WITHOUT farming, without anything. I think that says more about UK9 than everything else.

Ballerond, Sparks, and many others are here because of KTHX's actions. Clyde wouldn't have an account to come back too if thoughts would've been drawn elsewhere. So wherever you place KTHX at, everything else in UK9 is inevitably below that "benchmark" or "poorness".

So the account was in the tribalwars equivalent of being in a coma and yet it was still in the tribe ? And was not being nobled out by the tribe or kicked out of the tribe ?And you see nothing wrong with that ? I do see something wrong with that, its called stagnant policymaking, otherwise known as poor leadership. Quite frankly if its Uk9 you want to knock, and I don't really think much of any UK world, then it bears to reason that this KTHX that you would defend so vigorously is playing uk9 and is currently being vivisected in it.

What do I want BT to do ? Well theres two things, either he can shut the hell up, call it a day and quit. Or he can show some adaptive strategy and resolve the situation his tribe is in (don't ask me for details, I don't know what kinda resources or experience he has), and naturally keep posting. I don't have a problem with either course of action.
What I do have a problem with is the leader of a losing tribe posting day in and day out while the tribe does nothing to help itself out of the mess. Strip away everything else, and thats it. I believe the expression is "do your business or get off the pot".

You think praise for Resist is BS because the people you like are losing to Resist. I praise Resist because the people I like are in Resist and are presenting KTHX with various decapitated body parts of KTHX wrapped in a large red ribbon.
I'm biased as hell. But so are you, you just insist on pretending you have a point.

@ whoever the hell the other guy is: I'll admit I didn't even read your post. But take a look at your post and ask yourself if I can blamed for that. Did you say anything important ? If so make cliffs and I'll check them out.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score

@ whoever the hell the other guy is: I'll admit I didn't even read your post. But take a look at your post and ask yourself if I can blamed for that. Did you say anything important ? If so make cliffs and I'll check them out.

Lol... really make an effort.. sorry if my post was too long and too full of questions for the great and mighty pervie to answer.. after all I'm sure your dominance of .net keeps you busy... please accept my apologies for wasting your time and expecting you to know what your talking about when posting...

After all, why put any effort in to actually trying to find out what is or isn't being done when you can just critise people based on... err.. oh yeah.. nope sorry... no idea what's it based on...

As I'm a nice guy really, yeah it's true, my mum told me.... I'll break it down for you... one question at a time...

Please explain as i'm too noobish to understand how sparks's last noblement can be described as "prioritising targets within a war"...

I'll even post the link for you again: http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk9/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=415768

Thanks in advance..